Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Testicular cancer testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so I know that you're supposed to give the bollocks a bit of a feel every now and then just to be sure there's no lumps, but how often should it be done? I'm not sure how thorough I need to be either, whether it'd be reasonably easy to feel a lump or not..

Comments

• Options
    When in the bath, at least one a month - use your thumb and forefinger "roll" GENTLY!! the testicle and feel for any unusual lumps. Although remember on the back of the testicle the epidydimis is attached. If you feel anything unusual go to the doc to make sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    spanner wrote:

Thanks. If someone did get testicular cancer do they HAVE to remove the entire testical and not just the lump? I only have one as it is :eek2:
  • Options
    Don't quote me on this but I think they remove the whole testical but it depends how bad it is. You can have a fake one any way? No pain if you get kicked in the nads :D. Not found anything have ya?

http://www.cancerbacup.org.uk/Cancertype/Testes - Not really looked through it my self, may have some info on there.
  • Options
    Don't quote me on this but I think they remove the whole testical but it depends how bad it is. You can have a fake one any way? No pain if you get kicked in the nads :D. Not found anything have ya?

http://www.cancerbacup.org.uk/Cancertype/Testes - Not really looked through it my self, may have some info on there.

No not found anything but when you have one as it is it does make you worry...