Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Abusive boyfriends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine is in a relationship with this guy that takes some pysco pleasure in hitting her. She loves him very much but she does want to get out of the relationship, she just doesn't know how to go about doing it without making him lose his temper and really hurt her.
Does anyone have any advice on how I can help her? Any ideas on how to break up with him without making him mad?

Comments

• Options
    Jesus, there really are some total wankers around. The only advice I could give to any girl whose boyfriend was being abusive is to phone the police. It is totally out of order.
  • Options
    Restraining order.
  • Options
    A friend of mine is in a relationship with this guy that takes some pysco pleasure in hitting her. She loves him very much but she does want to get out of the relationship, she just doesn't know how to go about doing it without making him lose his temper and really hurt her.
    Does anyone have any advice on how I can help her? Any ideas on how to break up with him without making him mad?

I was once to in a violent relationship. Due to it, it has messed up my life. There is no way of breaking up the relationship, she has to do it by choice. I know you are looking out for your friend, but if she loves him it is going to be difficult. There is no way of getting out without someone getting hurt. You can help her by supporting her and letting her know you will be there for her always. If you want to talk about it any further pm me. Like I said, i've been there, went through 18 mths of hell and lost my child because of my stupidity! xxx
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    She should NOT go back to him ever again. When he is at work or out, take her stuff and leave, go somewhere to a mate who's home he doesn't know the address of, and phone the police from there.

Then, she should be safe. He sounds like a fucking jerk. Its best off if he can't get another girl to abuse.
  • Options
    Any ideas on how to break up with him without making him mad?
    if she left him. he couldn't hurt her anymore. if he tried to - get the police involved, even if just to talk to him. and then you could try to get a restraining order against him.
    Does anyone have any advice on how I can help her?
    be there for her and support her.

you might find this article useful, for advice on how you can help her:-
    http://www.womensaid.org.uk/help/help_friend.htm

and if you/ her want further advice, you/ her could call:-
    http://www.womensaid.org.uk/help/national_helpline.htm