Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not interested!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I haven't been with someone in over a year. i have no regrets and don't wish for any sex. I have my own rabbit to keep me happy but I sometimes think is it weird for a 23 yr old not to miss actual sex? I really don't care for it anymore and so much so that I don't even try to pull guys. I am happy being a singleton so don't wnat to have a relationship but so many of my mates in simialr position are desperate for sex.

Does anyone else out there not give a damn about getting none? I mean I have a sex drive or I wouldn't want to say sleep with orlando bloom but I just don't want it! Never thought that day would come! (pun intended hehe!)

Comments

• Options
    if you are enjoying being single and u still have sexual urges i wouldnt worry about it.you will probably meet someone or come back round to thinking that u would like a man again at some point....if your last relationship ended badly , or you found it restrictive in any way, on any level, its probably got some bearing on the situation.

are you the sort of person who could have sex outside of a relationship? some people arent and if you are one of those people and you are really not into relationships at the mo you probably wont worry about sex either. i was like that too. my best mate is the oposite and thought i was nuts!
  • Options
    It's not weird in the slightest. Some people seem to need it all the time and complain when they ain't getting any. I couldn't really care if I'm not getting any. My life doesn't revolve around shagging :D

Everyone's different.
  • Options
    Not weird at all. Im at a point in my life where im not wanting a relationship, I enjoy my independance. We get old enough to earn our own money, move out of home and free of the restraints of living with our families etc, enjoy it for a while.

Why jump straight into a relationship and be tied down/restricted yet again? If its the real deal love than thats cool but too many people go half hearted into a relationship for the sake of being with someone or to be seen as being part of a couple. How many people are in one sided relationships and are being unfair to their unknowing partners by being with them when really they are just with them for sex/for the sake of it until they find the one?

Im single and have a pretty high sex drive, if a one night stand comes up or I meet someone of the same opinion then I may take the opertunity, but I can err.. easily take care of myself to release any tension in that department at any time. So I can easily live without sex. If I meet THE ONE then a relationship it will be, but im not desperatly looking thats for sure.
  • Options
    Guys thanks so much for that! Made me feel less weird!! Thanks! I guess my last proper relationship certainly made me realise not to just "have a relationship because..." so I guess it does have some bearing and without getting all psychoanalytical yeh-I guess it does!!

I was one to kinda cheat-not always sex but I found it hard being faithful-a bad point I tried hard to change last "not a proper boyfriend" relationship I had. I guess this is a nother good reason why i should not worry! At least i'm not hurtin anyone!

I guess I was in a dither because I did have a very high sex drive before! But hey these comments ahev really helped me out. thank you :blush:

"Why jump straight into a relationship and be tied down/restricted yet again?"

I take it you don't mean bondage?! hehe! sorry couldn't resist!
  • Options
    Oh no, I might have a high sex drive, but thats not my bag at all lol !!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jowolvo wrote:
    Ok so I haven't been with someone in over a year. i have no regrets and don't wish for any sex. I have my own rabbit to keep me happy but I sometimes think is it weird for a 23 yr old not to miss actual sex? I really don't care for it anymore and so much so that I don't even try to pull guys. I am happy being a singleton so don't wnat to have a relationship but so many of my mates in simialr position are desperate for sex.

Does anyone else out there not give a damn about getting none? I mean I have a sex drive or I wouldn't want to say sleep with orlando bloom but I just don't want it! Never thought that day would come! (pun intended hehe!)

I can honestly say that when I was single I didn't really miss sex. The first couple of weeks I did but after that I wasn't interested. I was more interested in the whole package, not just random sex.

So yes, I certainly don't think you are weird or anything like that.
  • Options
    I really couldn't have put it better myself. I've got a friend who will use the "i need sex" line for everytime she ends up in her ex's bed, but really it's just an excuse for falling back into the arms of a cheating, lying scumbag :yeees:

I've been single since last May and i don't really miss the sex that much. I can't be bothered with one night stands that you meet in town but i just haven't got the time/committment for a relationship. I suppose it all boils down to the fact i've not met anyone recently who i can really see myself altering my lifestyle for. There's one person who i'm close to and i know if i turned round and said yep let's have a relationship i know i'd be able to but since he doesn't want casual and i don't want serious then it's not fair on him for me to let it go any further.

I'm happy just to continue as i am (even if i do end up an old maid :lol: ) instead of rushing into dating someone i can't muster much enthusiam up over. With my horse and pet committments it's hard to explain to a lot of blokes that i don't have a lot of me time.