Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

brown discharge & the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im a 16 yr old female from england.

i posted a topic last week about my period lasting for a long time. i am on pill number 13 and im still on my period. well, i think its a period. its a different colour than my normal period (sometimes dark red and sometimes BROWN), its also alot lighter (i only hav to wear pantyliners) and its alot thicker too (almost like normal discharge if it wasnt for the colour) although the brown discharge is worrying and i dunno wot to do about it and wether it is normal? has this happened to anyone else?

please help me
luv warped

Since i was born i started to decay. Nuthin ever ever goes my way.

Comments

• Options
    Girl-From-MarsGirl-From-Mars Posts: 2,822 Boards Guru
    warped it sounds like your bleeding is tailing off if its that light, dont worry about it being brown, sometimes the last few days it can be like that. if you're worried you could try ringing NHS direct coz they'll give you medically correct info, the number is.... 08457 4647.

but try not to worry too much coz it does sound normal.

It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
  • Options
    well its been brown for quite a while. when do u think its going to stop??

Since i was born i started to decay. Nuthin ever ever goes my way.
  • Options
    i have recently gone back on a pill i used to take when i was about 22 yrs old (i am now 26). Only this time i have had exactly the same as you...its like the end of my period....its been going on for a month now. Some days there will be hardly anything.I have now finished my first pill packet and still have the discharge( light brown,like the end of your period...exactly same as yours sounds) I never had this problem before so i'm going to continue to take my pill through the 2nd pack without a break (my doc said its safe to do this for up to 3 months) but if it hasnt stopped by half way through this 2nd pack i'm going to go back to the doctors. I had this once before when i had the contraceptive injection and it lasted 6 months!!!!! but the dose of hormones with that is stronger than with the pill so that shouldnt happen! dont think its anything to worry about it...could always go see your nurse if you're worried. As above...NHS direct are good.
    Another thing..i had the morning after pill 2x over the past few months too so i think its a case of getting hormones back on track!
  • Options
    Some people have problems when they first start taking the pill.
    See your nurse. They might put you on a different type.
  • Options
    Argh this is another old thread, where do they keep coming from :eek2:

Anyway yes this is perfectley normal it happened to me at 1st and now my periods are really light anyway the last couple of days i just seem to get the browny discharge, but if it is bothering you and you don't want to stick it out and see if your body then a trip to the docs is in order, different pills have different levels of hormones and a different one might suit you better.
  • Options
    mondles2003 - if you find an old thread that's relevant to you, it's best to start a new thread and refer back to it in a link (by clicking on the icon of the world and pasting in the URL). It avoids people having to read through loads of old posts that are abit past their sell-by date!
    ;)
  • Options
    yeah sorry about the old thread thing..clicked on a link...replied then looked at the date! was a while ago eh. sorry bout that!
  • Options
    Omg!! This may be an old thread but im sooo happy its been opened up again! I came on here today specifically to find out about this exact problem im on pill 9 of my very first pack and im still getting this brown discharge you talk about! It keeps stopping and starting which proved very embarrassing the other night when me and my bf thought it was safe to have sex! :yuck: Glad to hear that it is normal but it isnt half frustrating! I think i'll go crazy if it doesnt stop soon!!
  • Options
    yeah mine has finally stopped!!!i took my last pill of my first pack today.took the whole pack to stop...i'm just going to take my pill now continuasly now for the first 3 months cos its safe to do it and ive had enough periods for now! good luck!