Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

God, im so fucking stressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.............I posted about a week ago about stress and all that crap. Ive NEVER felt this stressed before. Im snapping at anyone and anything and I just cant chill.
Lack of sleep, not eating properly, problems blah blah blah

Stress just hits you when you leats expect it.........hhhmmm I know I probs cant get help here but i needed to get rid of sommat..what I dont know :(

Comments

• Options
    Go for a run.
  • Options
    Also it doesent help cos ive had a drink...problems seem even worse and being able to cope just goes out the window.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Go for a run.

:yes: exercise is a good stress reliever. failing that talk to someone? the mr. or give someone a ring?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Also it doesent help cos ive had a drink...problems seem even worse and being able to cope just goes out the window.
    Alcohol amplifies your mood, so don't drink when you're depressed. Little late now though.
  • Options
    Fiend if only it wa that simple.........cant go into detail bu this aint gonna go away.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You need to find someone to talk to. Even someone impartial to it all.

Also, try and do something strenuous - clean the house, scrub the oven etc. Take your stress out on something (not someone).

You are doing so well, I don't think I would cope (even though you think you are not coping as well as are).

Hang in there Nessy. You will get there.
  • Options
    oh god, i dunno. everone sees the 'strong' one, they dont see me falling to pieces like i am now.
    Putting this face on, but I cant keep puting this face on cos Im suffering here too........gos a fucking nightmare. Trying to be the strong one and trying to be sommat im not....its just got the better of me now.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    oh god, i dunno. everone sees the 'strong' one, they dont see me falling to pieces like i am now.
    Putting this face on, but I cant keep puting this face on cos Im suffering here too........gos a fucking nightmare. Trying to be the strong one and trying to be sommat im not....its just got the better of me now.
    But you are being stronger than you are giving yourself credit for. Especially as you have young Becks to consider too.

I, personally, think you are doing alot better than most people. I'm glad that you have an outlet to let the stress out (even a bit) here and LJ and stuff. You will get there, I am sure of it.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:

you don't have to be the strong one. no one expects that. it's ok to be devastated. it's only natural, after all.

there's a big difference between showing how you feel and falling apart.
  • Options
    I don't know your specifics, but never be scared of letting things out to someone. It'll help more than you know, and it's good to get things out.

The other thing I'd say is to have some time to yourself at some point every day. Even ifit's just half an hour reading the papers with a cuppa, or having a bath for an hour with a CD on, so long as you have some you time every day.

Hang in there.
  • Options
    From what I know, your situation right now is quite difficult. I won't say anything about it here, but what I will say is that trying to keep yourself busy might help in this case. I can understand that it isn't easy, but please try to do something. Also, fiend_85's suggestion of exercise could be a good one, it helped me out even in the most stressful of times over the years.
  • Options
    i have a similar problem to becky ...i'm going out into the beauty of the countryside and throwing rocks ...and talking to god ...is he listening?
    you bet he is mate ...
  • Options
    i know going for a run and excercise will help ya but i think overcoming stress is much more a mental thing than anything, if i'm feeling stressed i sit back, clear my mind and actually look at the things that are stressing me out, 90% of the time i come to the conclusion that i don't need to be stressed out by them, i'm just allowing myself to be, then i fuck away off somewhere and be a useless human being.
  • Options
    Meditate.

If you want any tips IM me.
  • Options
    Hiya
    Don't have much in the way of profound advice, I'm afraid, but wanted to say big hugs to you.

One of the hardest things about being a 'strong' person (or perceived as that) is that you don't ever feel that you can ask othjers for support. You may be surprise, though - they may be glad if you ask them for some support, after all you're only human, but unless you let people do it they'll think you're fine. Just a thought. Anyway, I'm not up to speed on the reasons for your stress so forgive me if I'm not helping.

Also, as usual, a few links just in case they help you...

Coping with stress

International Stress Management Association

SupportLine
    Offers confidential and emotional support on the telephone for children, young adults and adults
    020 8554 9004
    www.supportline.org.uk

Take care
    x
  • Options
    Try some chamomile tea. You can get it from supermarkets and herbalists. Again, if you want any recommendations on herbs, holistics ect if ya wanna IM me I'll see what I can do.
  • Options
    just wanted to say i hope things improve for you soon x
  • Options
    just wanted to say i hope things improve for you soon x
    they won't.
  • Options
    ok sorry
  • Options
    ok sorry
    my serious head fuck at the moment is ...my 24 yr old daughter who at the moment is so healthy and buzzing and shiny and beautiful ...has about two years left to live ...it's very very hard on just breathing each day.
  • Options
    thats horrible. im sorry.

does she have cancer?
  • Options
    thats horrible. im sorry.

does she have cancer?
    no.
    she has kidney failure.
    by the way the breathing bit was me ...
  • Options
    thats terrible. is there any chance of a transplant at all?
  • Options
    thats terrible. is there any chance of a transplant at all?
    no.
    her condition wouldn't allow it ...she couldn't cope with it.
  • Options
    thats really sad. i really feel for you
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you MR... if that's any consolation.
  • Options
    MoonRat wrote:
    My thoughts are with you MR... if that's any consolation.
    thanx moon ...i think we are dealing with it at the moment as if it aint realy happening. she is buzzing ...looks and feels fantastic.
    we have had some very emotional moments and tears ...
    at the moment we are spoiling her rotten ...taking her to see just about everyone she ever had a good relationship with.
    just being with her.