Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lemony Snickets Series of unfortunate events

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do NOT go and see this film! If you want to die of broedom then feel free but really its not good at all!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I liked it... But I admit... that's the kind of film that almost nobody would like...

But I did :x
  • Options
    Oh. i thought it looked worthy of going to see, but its really that bad ?
  • Options
    no, it's not a bad film, but it's not a great one either. good for the kids, and good scenery, but more kid film.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have read most of the books so have been looking forward to this film for months. A friend who has seen it and is a fellow enthusiast for the books enjoyed it, so I shall reserve judgement til I see it :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    no, it's not a bad film, but it's not a great one either. good for the kids, and good scenery, but more kid film.

:yes:

but still... I liked it :)
  • Options
    i thought it was great - tad predictable at times but it had to be me thinks.
  • Options
    I thought that it had a great cast, but was disappointed by it. I think I would enjoy the books mind you.
  • Options
    I liked it...and it made me wanna read the books...so ya know *shrugs*

I thought Billy Connelly was great :)
  • Options
    Yes, yes connolly was awesome!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by ali_1989
    I thought that it had a great cast, but was disappointed by it. I think I would enjoy the books mind you.

The books are really good. i am slowly making my way through them. Apparently they were originally written as an adult horror story but when the author took it to his editor he suggested changing it slightly, making it into a series and marketing them as children's books.

Apparently the film is quite different to the books too. The railroad scenes weren't in any of the books to start off with.
  • Options
    I thought it was great, so did my boyfriend! I would recommend it. The child actors were good too I thought, and I dont usually like child actors :p

I havent read the books, so I dont know how much it matches, but as a movie it was great :) I didnt particularly think it was a kids film though. Go see it!
  • Options
    i loved it! never heard of the books though,there's a surprise! did anyone else cry at the end with the letter? and jump about 3ft into the air when the snake jumped out?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    i loved it! never heard of the books though,there's a surprise! did anyone else cry at the end with the letter? and jump about 3ft into the air when the snake jumped out?!

did not cry and did jump... Lol never heard of the books before see the movie, but in the same day, after go out of the cinema, I saw it in a shop :D
  • Options
    I found this film quite good.
  • Options
    i thought it was a pretty good film actually
  • Options
    I went to see it with me little sister and me cousin
    I couldnt make head or tail of it, all i was thinkin about is how long is left of this lol
    Wouldnt even say it's for kids, why make a film thats to do with people tryin to find who's startin fire's
    Everyone else must feel the same because i aint heard nothing about it in the paper's and that