Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Man sets himself on fire in front of whitehouse

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    When there is no reward, then what do they gain of killing themselves as well?
    i wouldn't think the majority believe that horseshit about rewards anyway ...do you?
    if they are educated people they are not realy expecting to sit on a cloud shaging virgins are they now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i wouldn't think the majority believe that horseshit about rewards anyway ...do you?
    if they are educated people they are not realy expecting to sit on a cloud shaging virgins are they now.

Why would they all record tapes of themselves reciting relevant passage of the Koran?

Do not mistake, it is obvious that it is used to display a political stance. But the way this is carried on (suicide) and the legitimacy is highly founded by their perception of, and the belief in the religion.
  • Options
    Why would they all record tapes of themselves reciting relevant passage of the Koran?

Do not mistake, it is obvious that it is used to display a political stance. But the way this is carried on (suicide) and the legitimacy is highly founded by their perception of, and the belief in the religion.
    as far as i'm concerned it's all ritual ...a very powerful thing.
    engineers and physisists and surgeons don't usualy believe the crap ...but they will understand about the power of ritual and the effect it can have not just on their mission but on the lesser educated ones ...if the doc and the proffesor apear to believe it, it will encourage the uneducated back street kids to believe.
    the educated are doing it out of a sense of duty to their people not some mythical virgin supplying god pimp.
  • Options
    I don't agree. Many of the great scientists believed in God.
    Rationality does not equal disbelief in a creator, or a higher being.
  • Options
    He was paid 100,000. They offered to have his family flown out of Yemen to a country where they could safely meet. He was a nut job.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bluestatesman
    He was paid 100,000. They offered to have his family flown out of Yemen to a country where they could safely meet. He was a nut job.

Source?

And more someone who cares for his family, than a nut.
  • Options
    When there is no reward, then what do they gain of killing themselves as well?
    I'm sure that if the Palestinians had at their disposal assault rifles, AH-64 Apache combat helicopters, Hellfire missiles, armoured vehicles and jet fighters they would not need to use suicide bombers.

Given their near total lack of weapons and the conditions they are in, suicide bombers are actually the only effective means of delivery for an attack.

It's horrible and crude, and I'm pretty sure most female suicide bombers would rather complete their education, get a career, a family and a house and live their lives like human beings are meant to, rather than being driven to the point of absolute despair and hatred by the inhuman and appallingly disgusting conditions the Israelis have created for them.
  • Options
    someone make me bend over for the soap, ive actually started a reasonable thread
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Given their near total lack of weapons and the conditions they are in, suicide bombers are actually the only effective means of delivery for an attack.

The terrorist apologist supports his heroes, again.

Another middle aged woman to disembowel, on your list, today?
  • Options
    Yawn. You're bring a new meaning to the term 'broken record'.

Having a bad morning Thanatos? Gun got jammed in mid shot at the range or something?

I could make a jibe or two about how many babies did you kill on your two glorious tours of Vietnam... but that's not my style.

Speaking of baby killing, don't go fucking complaining anymore when people accuse of killing babies when you're so happy to speak offensive bullshit like the above. You also bring a new meaning to the term 'hypocrisy' by such double standards, incidentally.

I seriously think you are in need of psychiatric help.

Just like so many of your fellow Vietnam veterans.

Perhaps you're not to blame for your absurd rants, after all...
  • Options
    well, turns out this guy was one of the good guys. he served as an informat and helped bring down an al qaeda yemeni/european money conduit. he wanted to go see his seriously ill wife in yemen but couldn't go cuz the fbi had his passport and were dragging their feet on helping him out.

fucking fbi, victims of their own publicity, gloryhounds extraordinaire. i've had experiences with them and they are fucking arrogant pricks who think they know everything. actually, scratch arrogance because that implies a certain stature. they are conceited incompetents and they are great at pissing people off and getting them killed.
  • Options

I could make a jibe or two about how many babies did you kill on your two glorious tours of Vietnam... but that's not my style.

I bet this is one of your prouder moments :)
  • Options
    Er... not particularly Jacqs... just the way I've been throughout.

On the other hand perhaps you could justify your direct involvement in assisting an offensive, cheating, insulting banned ex-member of thesite to continue dodging his ban and pestering these boards.

I'm sure you're quite proud yourself of helping this particular banned member to continue haunting the boards.

So come back steelgate, monocrat and co., all is forgotten.

Is it not?
  • Options
    Do you reckon this "nutter" believes God talks to him, like the person living at the White House does?

Aladdin's response to someone posting "another Muslim nutter."

Blahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:

Aladdin. That really made me burst out laughing. Rereading my first post - it was a bit harsh.
  • Options
    Suicide bombers actions are indefensible.

Who do suicide bombers primarily target? Armed soldiers or innocent civilians? Almost always the latter is the case. The fact is the vast majority of Israelis who die in this conflict are non-combatants – holocaust survivors, ordinary men, women and children – just civilians going about their normal way of life.

If suicide bombers mainly targeted soldiers I would still find their actions abhorrent but it would add a little of the legitimacy Aladdin is trying to attach to these terrorists.

And whatever the wrongdoings there are only several isolated cases where the IDF has been proven to deliberately kill an unarmed innocent civilian. There are hundreds of cases where Palestinians have intentionally killed Israelis. In fact the majority of Palestinian fatalities are indeed combatants.
  • Options
    There are many things that are indefensible Disillusioned.

Collective punishment is indefensible.

Bulldozing of houses for revenge is indefensible.

Destroying crops out of spite is indefensible.

Imposing water and power restrictions to entire towns 'to teach lessons' is indefensible.

Shooting at children for throwing a small rock at an armoured vehicle is indefensible.

Firing missiles into crowds outside mosques "because a gunman might be hiding amongst it" is indefensible.

Blowing up a block of flats in the middle of the night because a terrorist lives in one of them is indefensible.

Stealing somebody else's land, populating it with illegal settlements, occupying it with one's armed forces and oppressing an entire people is indefensible.

And I very much doubt your claims that the majority of Palestinian victims are combatants, incidentally...
  • Options

I could make a jibe or two about how many babies did you kill on your two glorious tours of Vietnam... but that's not my style....
    Since when?

You are right there in the thick of it with "freethepeeps" and "eternalsunshine" with your "baby killing" and "rapist war criminal" bullshit...

And that IS your style, along with the "white trailer park trash" racial epithets...
  • Options
    Last night was the only time I have ever said that, and you may be surprised to hear that I would like to apologise to you for it. I came home pissed as a rat and instead of going to bed to sleep it off I turned on the computer. My bad.

But don't you go saying I've been "in it" with others because I have never made such suggestions to you or anyone else before.

As I said, and barring last night's episode, it ain't my style.

You on the other hand have developed some kind of fixation with accusing me of mutilating women, or supporting such actions (which eventually led to my comments). Every bit as distasteful as baby-killing accusations, though apparently you think it is okay for you to say such things, but no for others to say it back to you.
    :rolleyes:

But rest assured I won't go down to your level again- even if you continue your childish and inflammatory bullshit remarks.