Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

adsa stops selling eggs to kids

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I mentioned about my place placing restrictions on the sale of alcohol, and how it's already being done.

A blanket ban at christmas won't happen for several reasons:
    1.There are already a multitude of offences for alcohol consumption which are actively enforced. There aren't any for throwing eggs at houses.

2.It's easier to police alcohol consumption because it takes place in a relatively confined area, and those who are drunk can be found in one place. ie the pub. Kids intent on causing trouble are normally running around a housing estate. I don't know where you live but where I work the estates are rabbit warrens, and unless you have a team of about 6 officers it's impossible to catch people.

3.Money, a blanket ban on alcohol would cost a fortune, both in actually enforcing it and through the loss of VAT and other taxes. Requesting that shops ban the sale of eggs to under 18's for 2 days won't cost anything. And to actually see that a massive supermarket is willing to put people ahead of profit is a refreshing one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    I mentioned about Notts placing restrictions on the sale of alcohol, and how it's already being done.

A blanket ban at christmas won't happen for several reasons:
    1.There are already a multitude of offences for alcohol consumption which are actively enforced. There aren't any for throwing eggs at houses.

2.It's easier to police alcohol consumption because it takes place in a relatively confined area, and those who are drunk can be found in one place. ie the pub. Kids intent on causing trouble are normally running around a housing estate. I don't know where you live but where I work the estates are rabbit warrens, and unless you have a team of about 6 officers it's impossible to catch people.

3.Money, a blanket ban on alcohol would cost a fortune, both in actually enforcing it and through the loss of VAT and other taxes. Requesting that shops ban the sale of eggs to under 18's for 2 days won't cost anything. And to actually see that a massive supermarket is willing to put people ahead of profit is a refreshing one.

offf ona tangent i believe you are....

im not on about the economics of selling alcohol, i was saying HYPOTHETICALLY if you told shops to not sell alcohol to sotp people drink driving, as from what youvve said before the ends justifies the means, there would be a public outcry at how our right to buy alcohol has disappered
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    actually no i find it a good analagy

Well that makes one of us.

It is responsible vendoring. Just as pub license holders are required to be responsible and not sell to very druink people.

It is not illegal to be drunk, though. Which is why your point is worthless.

and they havent banned suspicious buys or advised their staff to look out for suspicioous buys, theyve just done a blanket ban on all kids

Yeah.

Because most, if not all, kids will be doing something suspicious.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Well that makes one of us.

It is responsible vendoring. Just as pub license holders are required to be responsible and not sell to very druink people.

It is not illegal to be drunk, though. Which is why your point is worthless.

Yeah.

Because most, if not all, kids will be doing something suspicious.

as i said, if they said to their staff "if someone looks like they buying eggs to commit a crime with them, dont serve them" that would be okay as you just compared with shops not selling to drunks...

and 2nd your getting old :p egg and flours and end of term are a tradition :p
  • Options

It's a pain in the arse is what it is.
  • Options

They are.

And, miserable and boring as I am, I hated it then too.

Kids should all just fuck off and die. It'd please me greatly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Kids should all just fuck off and die. It'd please me greatly.

:lol:
  • Options
    I [presume you're in agreement then?;)

Mind, if it wasn't for fucking kids, you wouldn't have a job!
  • Options
    I'm not saying nuffink. But yes you're right. If it wasn't for the kids I'd be doing something else.
  • Options
    depends where you are.
    In liverpool the freaky kids go mental,
    even taxi drivers wont go out,
    not work the hassle
  • Options
    My bedroom window has been egged twice. In April and in June, neither anywhere near Hallow's Eve! On both occasions, it happened around midnight so it was probably drunk people coming back from the pubs, stopping at my local 24-hour ASDA enroute.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    My bedroom window has been egged twice. In April and in June, neither anywhere near Hallow's Eve! On both occasions, it happened around midnight so it was probably drunk people coming back from the pubs, stopping at my local 24-hour ASDA enroute.
    drunk people buy eggs on the way home to chuck at houses!
    the world is gone mad i tell ya.