Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Green Eye Make-Up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you guys think of it??

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to wear it out although I've been told it looks really good on me. (I have green eyec, brown hair and am fairly pale.)

I'll get a pic of me on here asap.

xxx

Comments

• Options
    I think it looks ok on the right person and in the right shade. One of my mates has just bought a pale green one and its hideous and looks awful on her. Whereas my other mate uses a dark green one and she looks stunning in it.
  • Options
    also depends what you mean by eye make up.

if you mean whole eyelids covered in eyeshadow, then oh hell no.

but a little smudge of green eyeliner under your lower lashes can look really cool. i do this a lot with a dark olive green eyeliner and loads of people comment on it.
  • Options
    Hmm...was going to put a pic of me on here but I can't seem to do it....help?
  • Options
    I have very fair skin and blue eyes so I often wear blue eyeshadow as it makes my eyes stand out a bit more.

One of my friends has fairly dark skin and dark eyes and she often uses green eyeshadow and it looks great.

It'd probably be best to save it for nights out though, then you've got an excuse for going a little OTT. If you were going to wear it during the day then I'd keep in very subtle
  • Options
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    Hmm...was going to put a pic of me on here but I can't seem to do it....help?
    if you have a photo saved on your computer type a message click the 'browse' button next to attach file and find the photo. It'll come up in your message
  • Options
    This is the most recent pic of me...just staring straight into the camera, lol.
  • Options
    with your dark hair and green eyes I think it'd look nice :)

Maybe try using a dark green in the corner of your eye or under the bottom lashes.

I'm not sure if a paler green would look too good though
  • Options
    Apparantly you're supposed to use the opposite colour to your eyes on a colour wheel to make them stand out. I have blue eyes so using an orange eyeshadow (not bright orange but a light shade) makes them look really blue. Not sure what the opposite to green is on a wheel, but if you want your eyes to stand out then maybe try that?

I think a dark green would look lovely with your colouring though, maybe on the outer corners?
  • Options
    Thanks! My mum said that I should use darker green in the corners (she's a beautician) aswell.

I agree with not using pale green though cos I tried that today and it just made me look ill as I am quite pale anyway.

Would I be able to get away with wearing subtle green make up everyday though?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    Apparantly you're supposed to use the opposite colour to your eyes on a colour wheel to make them stand out.

The opposite to green is pink but pink just does not look good on me. Typical. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yeah i think you could get away with it every day as long as it's subtle
    Then you can go a little mad when you hit the town on a night out :D
  • Options
    im loving this at the mo-ive really warmed to green the past few weeks, got my blue contacts in and been wearing peppermint star dust over light green eyeliner and it looks fab and so funky!
  • Options
    I just tried putting green make up on (quite mad just to see if green looks good) and I have to say...it looks pretty damn good!

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    im loving this at the mo-ive really warmed to green the past few weeks, got my blue contacts in and been wearing peppermint star dust over light green eyeliner and it looks fab and so funky!

I would never have thought that would look good but it actually sounds well cool! :D
  • Options
    Green is great for eyeshadowing.

I have really really dark brown eyes (almost black), and the colors which suit me the most are green, browns and golds.
  • Options
    I've got an Emerals colour eyeshadow that I sometimes smuges on my eyelids...It's a fab colour!
  • Options
    Oooooh, I LOVE green.

I have emerald green, lime green, and khahi green and dark khaki green.

I wouldn't wear any mascara other than black, though. :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983

I wouldn't wear any mascara other than black, though. :no:

nah, i still have flashbacks to this day of the bitches at my school wearing blue mascara they probably got free with 'mizz' magazine

grunge girl-its a pencil eyeliner in a bluey green colour if your intrested, i got it from america but ive seen them do similar ones in boots and superdrug, the dust is from collection 2000 in a tiny wee pot :D
  • Options
    As a man, there is only so much I can say about this. Firstly, I do not wear green make up, or any make up for that matter. But I can simply say some women look great with green make up, and others just look ghastly.
  • Options
    nah, i still have flashbacks to this day of the bitches at my school wearing blue mascara they probably got free with 'mizz' magazine

Haha!

See I think coloured mascara is alright if you're a model for Christian Dior on a runway, or a right style queen celeb. However, you would not see me shimmy down Argyle street donning green lashes and green eyeshadow. Ludacrist.

:no:
  • Options
    Haha!

See I think coloured mascara is alright if you're a model for Christian Dior on a runway, or a right style queen celeb. However, you would not see me shimmy down Argyle street donning green lashes and green eyeshadow. Ludacrist.

:no:

some look amazing *estee lauder ad-drools* but it just looks shite on any other girl, and it reminds me of those ****s from school, and there fucking orange cake-up :mad:
  • Options
    some look amazing *estee lauder ad-drools* but it just looks shite on any other girl, and it reminds me of those ****s from school, and there fucking orange cake-up :mad:

Oooh yeah, and it got onto their white/pale coloured clothes around the collar. V. Classeeeeh. :thumb:
  • Options
    Oooh yeah, and it got onto their white/pale coloured clothes around the collar. V. Classeeeeh. :thumb:

the tide line around there jaw did it for me! euch god they were such a mess, at least i wasnt that bad, i dont think ive ever worn foundation all over because of that
  • Options
    here's me with MAD green eye make up on....what do you guys think?

(excuse the mank waitrose uniform and just me looking generally horrible!)
  • Options
    here's me with MAD green eye make up on....what do you guys think?

Looks LUSH! Add a smile, and you're a stunner. :thumb: :p
  • Options
    Grunge Girl, you look seriously moody in that picture!! But also seriously gorgeous, which can only be good.
    - Danny -
  • Options
    i agree your a very pretty girl, it looks nice!
  • Options
  • Options
    WOOOOHOOO no ones ever called me stunning before!! :D

Yea I know I look so moody, dunno why I didnt smile!

And I remember from school (only last year) those girls who's make up makes a nice mess on their collars at school....lol. Why anyone would wanna wear THAT much make up is beyond me!?!
  • Options

And I remember from school (only last year) those girls who's make up makes a nice mess on their collars at school....lol. Why anyone would wanna wear THAT much make up is beyond me!?!

because wearing awful make up was the only way to get into pubs/clubs/get a wee chav in your kecks

duh! and it was so like amazing cool