Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Age Differences

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *gone*
  • Options
    My boyfriend is 12 months older than me, which is nothing really and my previous partners were the same year group at school as me, and erm thats it for my experience :p

Although my mum was 16 when she started going out with my dad and he was 21, they married when she was 19, and being the cynicall thing i am i wouldn't have thought, espically knowing people in situations liek this now, that a relationship like that would last. They were married for 24 years, and then last yera something, err went wrong :|

I think age difference really depends on the couple, but i don't even think now at 18 that i would date anyone younger than me but that could be because girls mature faster than boys and all that malarky, and i definatly couldn't imagine my self with someone old enough to be my dad.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DelicateHeart
    After reading this topic, I'm still a little confused...there are many people with huge age differences who are happy etc but would it be wrong for a 13year old to go out with a 19 year old...6yrs...if they get on really well??

er, a 13 year old kid with an adult? That's wrong. What does that person have in common with a kid who has more or less just started high school?

I think if I had a sister that young and she was with a bloke was of 19 he would be in trouble.
  • Options
    After reading this topic, I'm still a little confused...there are many people with huge age differences who are happy etc but would it be wrong for a 13year old to go out with a 19 year old...6yrs...if they get on really well??

I think everyone pretty much answered this in your other thread but yes it would be wrong.

13 is jailbait and still a minor. End of story really in most people's eyes.

There's a slight difference when talking age gaps i'm afraid. A 25 year old and a 35 year old are both consenting mature adults who know a bit about life.

A 13 year old who know's not a lot about life is still a child, if a 19 year old knowingly dated a 13 year old i'd have to question the motives behind it, as come on, what the hell is a 19 year old bloke going to mentally have in common with a 13 year old girl?
  • Options
    But a 15 year old can have things in common with a 25 year old bloke?? (as seen earlier in this thread)
  • Options
    im 18 and my boyfriend is 32, been going out for a year last tuesday
  • Options
    But a 15 year old can have things in common with a 25 year old bloke?? (as seen earlier in this thread)

How to put me on the spot because whatever i say now i'm likely to insult someone. :) *puts diplomatic hat on.

Well those two years do make a slight difference, females can grow up an awful lot in those two years and yes at 15 i dated someone a lot older than me. Although looking back now he was an immature moron.

Sometimes 15 and 25 do work out. I myself don't think it's as bad as 13 and 19. 13 just sounds so young to me. At least a 15 year old is nearly finishing school whereas a 13 year old has only been there a year or so.
  • Options
    i think age gaps can work, but generally alot of people can see them as perverted, especially if the gap is big.

i am 17, and currently live with my b/f who is 21, the age gap isnt that big, so works fine, its the living together that makes it hard. lol.

anyway i dated someone 10 yrs older than me, (lol he looked about 19 tho) and didnt work, mainly because he had his own house, no kids, but wanted me. e.g the settling down age, but i was an age where i wanted to be out clubbing, etc not doing his washing!!

and i generally find people my age immature, aka i run my own business, drive, etc.