Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Success of job via a letter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could it be successful me writing letters to business's asking them to see if they've got any suitable available position that I could fill or is it a total waste of my time as they'll just not read the letter & chuck it in the bin?

Comments

• Options
    Your half right, they will read the letter but throw it away after. Although it depends on the company.

Cant you just do the standard CV thing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Cant you just do the standard CV thing?

Opps forgot to mention that a CV would be enclosed with the letter :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Opps forgot to mention that a CV would be enclosed with the letter :blush:

Ahhhh your doing a CV with letter of application, very good idea.

Ok then im gonna completely go with it on this one, go for it! A company likes someone with thought and enthusiasm. Make the letter decent though, pretend your trying to sell your services and make yourself stand out from the bunch!

Good luck
  • Options
    This can work really well, but if you don't get anywhere don't feel rejected - it probably just means that they don't have any openings available. It's all about timing, realy. Good luck - and check out these links if you need more advice:

contacting employers

covering letters

improve your Cv

;)
  • Options
    I tried this approach when I was in sixth form and looking for a full time job to do for 6 months after leaving school. I sent off about a dozen. Most companies sent some type of acknowlegdement- only a couple didn't. I got three interviews and two of them ended up offering me a job.

Go for it. If you don't try it you'll never know.

Good luck :)