Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

results day

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I've never heard that said before?

could be false information! not sure - just something I heard.
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    is anyone goona check on the UCAS website at 12 midnight tonight? It doesn't give you results, but tells you if you've got into your uni or not!??

They won't be up there at that time, it is only updated until the results have come out, and there is a lot of people's accounts to update. I got my results last year and I didn't find out from the website until about 2pm.

Good Luck everyone, I'm sure you've all done well. Try not to worry and enjoy tomorrow.
  • Options
    I've just put the numbers for the admissions officers on my phone. I won't need them though, obviously. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I've just put the numbers for the admissions officers on my phone. I won't need them though, obviously. ;)
    yeah right
    :P
    argggggh
    ill have to come hoem to do taht no numbers anywhereeeee
    grrrrrrr
    good luck people
  • Options
    your school/college will have all the numbers youre ever going to need. just remember to charge your mobiles tonight, it could be a very long day, friend of mine got his results in the morning, had to go thru clearing and didnt get a place that suited him til 6pm.

i kid you not.

but hopefully you wont need any of that, good luck
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    is anyone goona check on the UCAS website at 12 midnight tonight? It doesn't give you results, but tells you if you've got into your uni or not!??

Thursday 19 August 2004
    We are updating the track service at the moment in preparation to go live at lunchtime today. Please try again later. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • Options
    Still, I guess it's only my ASs, I'm not relying on them to get into uni or owt.
    You are relying on them, definitely. My AS grades pulled my A levels up so much, and it's nice to know you have ASs to fall back on if A levels don't go as you hope next year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    You are relying on them, definitely. My AS grades pulled my A levels up so much, and it's nice to know you have ASs to fall back on if A levels don't go as you hope next year.

Yes, but you aren't supposed to remind me of this until I post again saying I got a string of As or similar. :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    im so glad i have been there and done that. oh yes.

good luck people :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    I'm not the slightest bit nervous, or excited, or anything really. Maybe it's a bad sign - I was terrified this time last year for my GCSEs, and I did really well. Still, I guess it's only my ASs, I'm not relying on them to get into uni or owt.

The thing I'm most bothered by is the fact that I have to wait til ten past three to find out how I did. :(

I didn't realise the appointment times ran that late at college!?
  • Options
    surely you should be able to go in and demand your results whenever you want them?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    surely you should be able to go in and demand your results whenever you want them?

not really.

there's so many people getting their results that the college need to set up a system in order for everyone to get their results efficiently without people fighting to get theirs first!
  • Options
    I didn't realise the appointment times ran that late at college!?

AS results are between 1.15 and 3.30, and they're alphabetical, meaning I'm one of the last.

I think they're running late already - my brother was meant to get his results at 11.25, and he's not rung to let us know how he did yet.

It pisses me off - if people need to rely on clearing, and don't get their results til midday, surely their chances of getting a place are reduced significantly if others have been getting their results since 9am?
  • Options
    AS results are between 1.15 and 3.30, and they're alphabetical, meaning I'm one of the last.

I think they're running late already - my brother was meant to get his results at 11.25, and he's not rung to let us know how he did yet.

It pisses me off - if people need to rely on clearing, and don't get their results til midday, surely their chances of getting a place are reduced significantly if others have been getting their results since 9am?

Ah I didn't realise they were alphabetical?

My friends surname begins with a J, she got hers before me and I'm a D.

Mine weren't running late at all.
  • Options
    Ah I didn't realise they were alphabetical?

My friends surname begins with a J, she got hers before me and I'm a D.

Mine weren't running late at all.

Maybe it depends who you go to, there's loads of people giving them out aren't there?

They must be alphabetical to some extent. Me and my brother both have late appointments, I know a couple of Bs who have really early appointments, a H who's fairly early on, and a T that's fairly late on. I just assumed.

I could be wrong. I am highly fuelled with emotion right now, heh. :/
  • Options
    Maybe it depends who you go to, there's loads of people giving them out aren't there?

They must be alphabetical to some extent. Me and my brother both have late appointments, I know a couple of Bs who have really early appointments, a H who's fairly early on, and a T that's fairly late on. I just assumed.

I could be wrong. I am highly fuelled with emotion right now, heh. :/

You'll be fine!

I got mine from E018, can't remember the ladies name though.

God the car park was jam packed, there were people parking in naughty places. Had to park in that other place next to the carpark whatever you folk call it these days. :p