Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone been in love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Just a general post really...
Has anyone been in love? Like where you've never felt like that about anyone before? :heart:
Just like to hear your views and also how you know when you really are in love with someone? :love:

Comments

• Options
    Never been "in love" myself. Can't say it was something that i've been out searching for. I'm with someone now who i like probably the most i've ever liked someone and yes it feels different to anything i've ever had before but i woudn't call it love as i'm too cynical and realistic to think that after only a few months.
  • Options
    too cynical and realistic

I think that it can be a reality if your open to it. Although that can make you vulnerable and so sometimes I tend to close myself off if I like someone. Thats how I feel different at the moment cos in the past whenever Ive liked somone and they turn out to like me, I close off and dont do anything. I have really strong feelings for a guy at the moment and hes the first guy Ive not run away from when it turned out he liked me back. Guess thats why I feel this is different and maybe stronger than before. :heart:
  • Options
    I hate these kind of questions.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Twice, i fall for people way too easily. Its one thing i hate about myself :(

And i got hurt way too much both times
  • Options
    Ive had three long term rels, and am in my forth now.
    I have loved them all, but in very different ways.
    I dont really know how to discribe how i felt, but i know that they all felt and feel different.
  • Options
    ive been in 3 relationships - the first was young love, not real. i know this now ive experienced the real :heart: of the current relationship im in. i love my b/f so much it hurts wen im not with him, which is alot recently :( My second relationship was all lust :)
    Love is different in every relationship you're in:D
  • Options
    I've got know idea. I told both of my exes that I loved them...cos I thought I did. I don't think anyone KNOWS what love is...it depends on the individual.

I've recently got together with this guy and we've been going out for about a month. Hes basically told me that hes falling for me in a big way and that hes falling/is in love with me.

Its scared me shiteless to be quite honest with you and I didn't know what to say. I prefer not to put a label on such feelings as it makes life a bit easier. I think about him all the time and feel a lot for him too...it feels so good when we're together, but the whole LOVE thing terrifies me!
  • Options
    when i wasn't sure how to describe love my friend asked me if i would take a bullet for them,she said it goes for any type of relationship,friends,reletives,or lovers. she said if you are willing to take a bullet for them then you love them.the first time i realized i was in love was when my fiance held me and told me i was beautiful while in a huge shirt,no makeup on,hair thrown in a ponytail,and hovered over the toilet from food poisoning. he was the first person/guy to ever tell me that and it made me realize that i was really in love with him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    my fiance held me and told me i was beautiful while in a huge shirt,no makeup on,hair thrown in a ponytail,and hovered over the toilet from food poisoning.
    Awwww! Bless! :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I believe I was in love once, but how can I (or anyone for that matter) be sure about it? You could feel something new some day and realise that what you thought was being in love was nothing compared to this.
  • Options
    i had someone who made my heart flutter at every thought of them, that i could talk to for hours about trivial things like the pros and cons of marmite.

but you lot are too cynical to call it love 'ohhh you're only 16' hah i was 14 at the time.
    i think its easier to be 'in love' when you are younger, you arent looking for the faults in people.

just a thought
  • Options
    im in love with my current bf it feels so wonderful
  • Options
    :yes:

Love is wonderful but it can hurt so much as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    ive been in 3 relationships - the first was young love, not real.

I would disagree that young love is not real - just people laugh and think nothing of it when there's kids falling in love because they aren't mature enough to know what it means. I fell in love when I was 7 :razz: and nobodys telling me it wasn't real!!
  • Options
    I can't quite say because I've never been in a relationship, I've only had the occasional crush or two.

But, I've still felt very attatched with that person at the time. Being around them brings an incredible wave of emotions, some good, some bad. They seem to infatuate every sensation in my body, and their very structure is absorbed by each of these senses.

I dunno if it's love, but it sure feels pretty damn close to it.
  • Options
    "Love is a fire. But whether it's going to warm your hearth or burn your house down, you can never tell."

The best quote there is. I've been in 2 long-term relationships, I loved them both. I reckon you can't just love one person, you can fall in love with many people.

But with the first guy he treated me like crap, so me loving him = me getting hurt.
    second guy, i was soooo much in love. then he fell out of love with me.... grr.

Now i'm with someone else, been about a month and a half. and....hmm I'm in love again. god that makes me sound so fickle... :rolleyes: