Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

devoted father...etc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is it that murder victims are always devoted fathers or loving daughters or just all round great blokes. Is someone killing all the good guys so it's just us annoying bastards left?

Comments

• Options
    Re: devoted father...etc
    Originally posted by byny
    Why is it that murder victims are always devoted fathers or loving daughters or just all round great blokes. Is someone killing all the good guys so it's just us annoying bastards left?

Probably because on the news they can't have the person next door to the deceased saying "Oh he was a complete bastard, he so deserved it!"
  • Options
    This is a rather dark thread. Possibly because people don't want to speak ill of the dead. Particularly if they were murdered. I suppose it's vilifying the murderer.
  • Options
    Well...my dad died (Not murdered) and we all agree he was a bit of a twat at times so we often speak ill of the dead (Though I wouldn't go on TV and say it!)
  • Options
    It's a bit different. Most of these things happen in the immediate aftermath when people are still shocked and upset. To tell someone that their loved one was a bit of a tosser if they'd just been offed would be a touch crass.
  • Options
    Well...my dad died (Not murdered) and we all agree he was a bit of a twat at times so we often speak ill of the dead (Though I wouldn't go on TV and say it!)
    there were times i wished my father dead ...he is now ...i still don't miss the bastard.
    i finaly got on great with him in the last twenty years. the crap at the funeral ...was such a lovely dedicated family man ...i almost burst out laughing!
  • Options
    i think a lot of times they're killed trying to intervene on something like a robbery, or a rape or something.

like you would expect of a nice guy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

so true.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i think a lot of times they're killed trying to intervene on something like a robbery, or a rape or something.

What about all the gang "homeboys"?
    They get their mothers coming on TV saying "but he was such a good boy".
    Bollocks.
  • Options
    Re: Re: devoted father...etc
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Probably because on the news they can't have the person next door to the deceased saying "Oh he was a complete bastard, he so deserved it!"

LMAO. So true. :heart:
  • Options
    The ones that get me are where a poor child has killed themselves because of bullying, and then the school come out and say "s/he was an incedibly popular and valued member of our community".

Hmmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    there were times i wished my father dead ...he is now ...i still don't miss the bastard.
    i finaly got on great with him in the last twenty years. the crap at the funeral ...was such a lovely dedicated family man ...i almost burst out laughing!

i so see that happening with me and my mum
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    i so see that happening with me and my mum
    try hard to not let it then.
    ...and if you had given me that advice i would have laughed ...hindsight is a wonderful thing ...
  • Options

i hope no-one talks complete bollocks about me at my funeral

if i was a complete bastard in life (a doctor romano type perhaps) then i actually want someone to say 'chris was a complete twat, but at least you knew where you stood with him'

i think my current one would be 'chris is the nicest guy in the world, but if he wants to piss you off, he is a master'
    thanks to the security guard at my work....
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    i hope no-one talks complete bollocks about me at my funeral

i don't think anyones going to be able to at mine ...they'd probably get heckled.
  • Options
    i don't think anyones going to be able to at mine ...they'd probably get heckled.

my final wishes include the pallbearers being bribed to drop the coffin, and to have a tape inside the coffin triggered by a remote, playing my voice saying 'im not dead yet' during the service...
    oh, and i want two dogs and four cats, dressed as groom and best man, and bride and bridesmaids respectively, sitting on top of the coffin when i'm brought into the church...
    maybe it's a little morbid but i think it'd be funny....
  • Options
    you know the steven laurence kid that got murdered around here (south east london) all the kids that knew him said he wasnt exactly a nice piece of work. but you can't say stuff like that cos of the manner in which the case was dealt with
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    you know the steven laurence kid that got murdered around here (south east london) all the kids that knew him said he wasnt exactly a nice piece of work. but you can't say stuff like that cos of the manner in which the case was dealt with [/QUOTE

Though of course no amount of nastiness means you deserve to be stabbed to death?!

My dad was lovely - but a twat at times. I think we were all honest at the wake!
  • Options
    Though of course no amount of nastiness means you deserve to be stabbed to death?

A certain level of nastiness does though. Anthony Bliar does.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    A certain level of nastiness does though. Anthony Bliar does.
    well not even him really, but I truly think GWB does. it would be too good for him in fact.
  • Options

Though of course no amount of nastiness means you deserve to be stabbed to death?!
    god no, im just commenting on how its percieved that he was lovely etc but the people who knew him dont seem to agree.