Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"mothers against guns"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by UpsetChap
    We wouldn't need to because they wouldn't have a gun in the first place, and we wouldn't have someone being shot.

I say if I want to own a gun, who in the heck is the 'state' to stop me??

Government is force and it should not intervene in the lives of people who are not harming others!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    I say if I want to own a gun, who in the heck is the 'state' to stop me??

Government is force and it should not intervene in the lives of people who are not harming others!
    don't miss any appointments ...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: "mothers against guns"
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    The only problem I'd say is if a kid got hold of a gun and hurt themselves.
    My dad taught me shooting from pneumatic gun when I was 8 y.o., hunter gun when I was 11 and real guns (including Kalashnikov) when I was 14. So he is sure I’ll never hurt myself.
    BTW you maybe watched that stupid Bowling For Colombine movie? The author is trying to make impression that only right-wing rednecks in America are for guns but ‘progressive’ guys are against. Far away from truth. There are a lot of right-wing and even religious fundamentalist organisations in America who are against guns. On the other hand there are a lot of people who are for guns not being right-wingers. Like Sisters Of Second Amendment ( women for guns) and Pink Pistols ( gays for guns). I’d recommend you a movie Innocents Betrayed made by Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership. A brilliant thing. Much stronger than Bowling ( though THIS kind of movie will never get Oscar!).
  • Options
    Moonrat, you said you didn't see the hype with gun crime?
    In Nottingham 4 areas of the city now have PERMANANT armed police patrols.
    There are about 4 so called gangs in the city, made up of people who are too wussy to settle fights with their fists, they do drive by shootings instead, as if this is some sort of Hollywood show.
    They are draggin innocent people into the fight, which is disgusting.
    I wouldn't have a problem if they just shot themselves, the problem would vanish, but they instead take their problems out onto the street.
    I hope everytime one of them gets seen with a gun, instead of being arrested they get fucking shot. yeah, they have pistols, we have MP5's.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: "mothers against guns"
    Originally posted by LabRat
    My dad taught me shooting from pneumatic gun when I was 8 y.o., hunter gun when I was 11 and real guns (including Kalashnikov) when I was 14. So he is sure I’ll never hurt myself.

Yeah I have seen Bowling for Columbine... but that's not the point. Just because you were taught how to use a gun and didn't hurt yourself, doesn't mean other kids won't. You can't use the example of yourself and apply it to the macroscopic scale of society.