Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

unsociable bugger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What can I do!! I have lots of friends and like popping out after work for the odd jar or two. Sometimes friends in my group will cook dinner and invite me round. I need to return the favour but when i told my boyfriend he said 'Ill go out that night then'

Even if I ask him to come out with us some time he declines. he's just not interested in meeting my friends. I don't mind him not being there but I think he's starting to resent me going out so much!

On Friday I got back late (I had rung him several times to say where I was) and he got all moody!

I don't want to stop going out, I want to see my friends. We're both just so independent that we rarely do anything with eachother!! BAH!

Comments

• Options
    Does he know your mates your thinking of inviting round ?

My hubby aint much of a mixer and he wouldnt like eating with people he dont know, so if he doesnt know them make him go one night with you for a few jars. Let him get to know them.
    Id personally tell him WE are BOTH going out.......end off !!!!
  • Options
    He doesn't know them - they are people I know from work. He knows my other friends. Actually - I'm planning a wild night out for my Birthday in April and have invited loads of our friends, my old friends, his old friends and the new friends I have from work so perhaps they'll get a chance to meet and get on there?
  • Options
    So I can understand why he doesnt want them round. Not knowing someone and them coming to your home can be difficult at times. It would probably go alright but it is better if you both know the people coming round.

Id deffinately have a talk with him and say you want you both to start having a social life together and meet different friends at the pub.

hopefully this night you have planned will make it better for you, if he has a good crack on with old friends then he is more likely to want to go out with other couples.

hope you have a good night :)
  • Options
    No offence, but I don't think your boyfriend HAS to like your friends (I don't believe anybody HAS to like anybody else, but that's another discussion).

As long as he understands the fact that YOU respect and like your friends then that's fine.
  • Options
    I dont think you're boyfriend will really mind if he meets them and it isnt so formal. Like if you invite them round to you're place its quite alot of pressure of meeting new people and trying to make them feel at home. But if you meet them for a few drinks then he may be ok.
  • Options
    Maybe your bf isn't the meeting type. He might feel uncomfortable in strange peoples company and doesn't want to mess it up for you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    No offence, but I don't think your boyfriend HAS to like your friends (I don't believe anybody HAS to like anybody else, but that's another discussion).

As long as he understands the fact that YOU respect and like your friends then that's fine.

No offence taken :p ...but I'm not saying he HAS to LIKE them...I just think its bloody stupid that he won't even meet them!! He moans about them without having met them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber

No he doesent have to like them but he should show consideration and once in a while make the effort.
    What you find with some people is they need that push so they will start going out and meeting their partners friends. My hubby would quite happily sit in and not go anywhere, I push him and once he is out he has a good time.

Byny, just be more domineering :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    .I just think its bloody stupid that he won't even meet them!!

I don't. I hate meeting t'missus' friends, cos I never know what to say and what to do. I can cope, and I can act well, but still- I don't blame him for being nervous.

Talk to him and ask him why he won't.