Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is this a problem?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went out with a guy last year (nearly a year ago infact) for about 2 months, wasn't very serious and we split up. He tried to get me back for a while but he moved on and he's just recently got a new girlfriend.

Anyway I was out clubbin earlier this week and I saw one of his mates who I immediatly went over and started chatting to as I usually do. Bit different this time though, I ended up snogging him! He got my number and came round last night and I really like him :)

He's not very close mates with the guy that I went out with now so he's not bothered that I'm his ex. Still my rule is always 'don't go near ex's friends or friend's exs'.
How would you feel if a mate was going out with your ex?
Do you think that the fact that I went out with his mate is a problem or not?
Thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    no, you can't help who you like.

if all of you were still close friends, and had feelings flyin around all over the place, it would get difficult, but as far as i can tell this ex is outta the picture, so it should be ok.
  • Options
    from what you've said, he's moved on so so should you.

good luck.
  • Options
    It depends on how close I was to the friend really, if it was one of my best friends then I'd be exetremely pissed off. But if it was just some one I knew the name of then I guess I wouldn't have a right to be pissed off. But in your situation I say go for it.
  • Options
    I found out the other week that my best mate is sleeping with my ex, we went out for 8months nearly, although i dont want to get back with him, im stil extremly pissed off with her, and hurt not sure why but i am.

Im sure aslong as you have both moved on, you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    I'm guessing that would sting a bit Tink, not a nice thing to find out.

I'm hoping that it's not going to be a problem cos I really do like this lad. I guess I'll see how it goes. They did used to be close friends but they've fallen out a few times and now they just say hi if they see each other or whatever.

Anyway thanx for your advice :)