Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

part time coppers.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

Most opinions in this thread are narrowminded and un-balanced- from both sides.

You've hit the nail on the head, there are too many people on this forum too wrapped up in there own political agendas too even consider the other side of the argument, this goes for a lot of the lefts and rights. I think Beckyboo tries to keep an open mind, some other people should give that a shot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    whowhere, gimme your number, i'll ring you in five years and we'll see whose the low life scumbag, just because i take drugs doesn't mean i'm not doing 4 A-Levels at school at this moment, you're a very silly naive idiolistic prat, wise up

Let's just hope one of those A levels isn't English language. ;)

Jus' kidding. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman
    You've hit the nail on the head, there are too many people on this forum too wrapped up in there own political agendas too even consider the other side of the argument, this goes for a lot of the lefts and rights. I think Beckyboo tries to keep an open mind, some other people should give that a shot.
    beckys humility is a wonderful thing to behold. she'll fight you tooth and nail for what she believes ...like a terrier who won't take it's teeth out of your ankle grrrr! but she will openly hold her hands up and say ..."hey i never saw it that way before"
    but mostly ...it is in here, a handgrade lobbing exercise from opposing and entrenched sides ...which is very entertaining and enlightenink.
    we wouldn't want this place to be like the other boards.
  • Options
    Just in case anyone cares, it was my second day on the streets today. Yesterday we were out meeting the community, going in shops and the like.
    Today was gonna be the same, but I am going to go down in history as the first officer to find a dead body on his second day :(
  • Options
    has it gave you second thoughts?
  • Options
    no, shit happens. If it was messy then maybe I might have lost it on my second day, but seeing a dead body is still a shock to the system.
    But I just got on with it, and concentrated on what I was taught on preserving scenes.
    The social worker on the other hand looked like he was going to be sick.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    no, shit happens. If it was messy then maybe I might have lost it on my second day, but seeing a dead body is still a shock to the system.
    But I just got on with it, and concentrated on what I was taught on preserving scenes.
    The social worker on the other hand looked like he was going to be sick.
    all power to your elbow mate ...be humble when possible ...and learn all about the human condition ...on the front line. and be hard as nails when the situation looks like it's him or you ...seriously. all the best WW.
  • Options
    If you are doing a good job whowhere, then good luck. But I think you have a lot to learn and maybe need to change your attitude a bit.
  • Options
    what was the cause/suspected cause of death?
  • Options
    no idea, i'm not a doctor. We don't even bother hazrding a guess, we let the coroner decide.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    and maybe need to change your attitude a bit.

Yeah he will have a hell of a lot to learn cos he's new to this job, but one thing that made me smile was your comment I just quoted........HIS attitude :lol::lol:
  • Options
    :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    she'll fight you tooth and nail for what she believes ...like a terrier who won't take it's teeth out of your ankle grrrr!

lol that also made me smile :D
  • Options
    but I am going to go down in history as the first officer to find a dead body on his second day :(

gawd, not nice that.
    Bet thats one part of the job thats gonna be the hardest, moreso if relatives/friends are there also.
  • Options
    Blagsta did you just edit your post because it fucked my comp up when I tried to quote it.

As for a shock you think I'm gonna get, so far I've not been surprised about the levels of criminal scum on the streets.
    They've all lived up to the stereotype I had before I started. low brow, poor intelligence, inability to communicate with words containing more than 2 syllables and a penchant for stealing bikes and burning sofas in their back gardens.
  • Options
    Blagsta did you just edit your post because it fucked my comp up when I tried to quote it.

As for a shock you think I'm gonna get, so far I've not been surprised about the levels of criminal scum on the streets.
    They've all lived up to the stereotype I had before I started. low brow, poor intelligence, inability to communicate with words containing more than 2 syllables and a penchant for stealing bikes and burning sofas in their back gardens.
    PMSL!
    i lived near there more than once ...
  • Options
    p.s.I'm talking about crims, not drug users before anyone says anything.
  • Options

I edited my response to Becky, yes.

I hope you're trying to be ironic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I edited my response to Becky, yes.
    why, what did it originally say :yeees:
  • Options
    Can't remember, my usual arrogant response probably.