Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feeling shite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it normal to feel like crap after just dumping your bf? :(

Comments

• Options
    Re: feeling shite
    Originally posted by hybrid
    is it normal to feel like crap after just dumping your bf? :(

Yes, completely. *hugs* you can PM me if you need to talk :)
  • Options
    Not unusual at all...you'll still feel some loss however much you wanted to do it, and noone likes upsetting other people!
  • Options
    It is completely normal to feel extremely bad after 'dumping' someone, however much it went wrong, you are still going to have feelings for them but to what extent may differ from the length/seriousness of the relationship
    Take it from me, Just go and get friendly with someone else...thats what i did and now i feel so much better :)
    If that doesn't work, just keep yourself very occupied, anything that takes your mind off him
    Jez
  • Options
    but the thing is i feel like i made a big mistake and i told him, but then he said it wasnt a mistake and it was the right thing and that me and him had gone on for 'too long'. now im just 1000x more hurt and upset:crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    but the thing is i feel like i made a big mistake and i told him, but then he said it wasnt a mistake and it was the right thing and that me and him had gone on for 'too long'. now im just 1000x more hurt and upset:crying:

It's hard to get closure from these types of situations; because to start with it was you with the power who instigated the breakup, and you think you can take it back. But it doesn't work from that.

What you have to realise is that this relationship is over. It looks like he's started his own 'healing process' - getting over you. Maybe you should start yours as well. If you go back to the same relationship you'll also be going back to the same arguments, the same problems that made you want to break up with him.
  • Options
    that is SO normal.

just because you don't want to be with him anymore doesn't mean you've stopped feeling anything at all towards him.

when i went to see my ex for the last time to tell him it was over, i cried all the way there and all the way back.

and i felt awful for weeks afterwards, although i knew i'd done the right thing, i just felt so odd, and lonely.

you have to get used to it being just you again, and that can take time.
  • Options
    aww hun :(

i have to agree with what everyone said, this is totally normal. when i broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years, i was really gutted and even though it would have been so easy to give in and just get back together it would never have been the right thing cos i knew deep down that we werent meant for each other, it will take time but you'll realise a bit down the line that it was probably for the best, if not its like they say if its meant to be...

hope you feel better!
  • Options
    It is completely normal to feel shitty after dumping a bf. I know its a tad late as you've already spoken to him, but i was gonna say, stay away and dont talk to him for a bit. I did that after i dumped my ex, didnt speak to him for about 4 months, then the other day he phoned me out of the blue, and we can talk without arguing about things now, which is good
    Just give yourself time to get over him and take things slow.
    Hope you feel better soon
    *hugs*