Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Orange Toy Hammer !!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello ! I really, really need everyones help to help make a little girls christmas :)

Ellie is 3 years old and absolutely obssesed with hammers and hammering things. The problem being she was given an orange toy hammer months ago and loved it. She used to take it everywhere with her but then a few weeks ago she lost it :( All she keeps saying is that she wants her hammer back. Whenever anyone asks her what she wants for Christmas she replies, "An orange hammer" This is where I need your help!

Everyone I know has looked everywhere we can think of for an orange hammer but to no avail. We've tried every toy shop in the area, charity shops, ebay - everywhere basically and it's not looking good for christmas. So does anyone out there know where I can buy an orange toy hammer? Or does anyone have one / know someone who has one who would be prepared to sell it to me? Please, I'm getting desperate now !?!

We've tried giving her another colour, but No, it has to be orange! Any help will be very much appricitated. We'd be prepared to pay all costs involved in getting the hammer, believe me!

I await your responses with anticipation :D

Comments

• Options
    could you get a plain one and paint it with non-toxic paint?
  • Options
    Yeah I guess so. Probably will have to do that as a last resort :)
  • Options
    if you could find a plain wooden one (which i reckon would be loads easier than finding an orange one) you could paint it the same colour as the one she lost, and then varnish it so the paint won't come off.

my nephew has the same thing about hammering. only he's not fussy about what he hammers with. little sod.
  • Options
    In all the panic in trying to get this hammer I don't think anyone has looked at the situation logically :rolleyes: Getting a plain one and painting it seems simple and much less stressful! Thanks, I'm going to give it one more week of looking and then give up and head off down to B&Q to buy some non-toxic paint.
  • Options
    kids aye! i haven't got a single pressy yet for any of the little ones in my life ...i just can't decide.