Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

been diagnosed with endometriosis. πŸ™

eylaheylah Posts: 4,084 Community Veteran
idk how to feel abt this i was told that a appt will be made but im trying hard to get this around my head bc i was told id be having endometriosis for life and the pain will be for life the dr said so idk how to feel. i have a appt next week to discuss but idk i just told dad bc im trying to process this bc its not a major diagnosis but for me it is bc ive been in pain for over 2 years now and i finally got a diagnosis but i wish mum was here bc she would make sure i was ok but dad isnt supporting me even though i could do with a hug rn he doesnt seem to care rn :/ ik this seems pointless as a post but idk i just feel so idk confused bc its a huge shock and i wish i had someone in the appt with me bc i just zoned out and yeah im just feeling rly overwhelmed and ik it sounds stupid but im crying rn bc im in shock and idk 2 years to find out i have endometriosis its gd bc now i can discuss my options but idk im so emotional rn its hard. :heartbreak:
keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🀍

Comments

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,573 Extreme Poster
    sending you the biggest of hugs @eylah

i know it can seem like a scary and confusing time but hopefully now the doctors have reached a diagnosis they can talk you through it all and try and put your mind at ease as much as possible. remember it is okay to feel however you feel, a diagnosis like this can often feel overwhelming.

hope you're doing okay mentally and remember we are always here for you <3
  • eylaheylah Posts: 4,084 Community Veteran
    im not doing well with coming to terms with this bc its for life and there nothing to cure this so no im not doing well mentally at all bc i will be in pain all my life and the pain im in rn i can’t deal with it. idk im just feeling emotional bc ill have this condition all my life and idk im just sad bc of it. sry
    keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🀍
  • KatieKatie Moderator Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    Hi @eylah I first want to say I'm so proud of you for going to your appointments yesterday. I know this was a really scary thing for you to do but you did it! It also resulted in you getting your diagnosis which you wouldn't have known if you didn't go. A very big well done Eylah that was a huge step!

You've waited 2 years for this diagnosis that is such a long time. Being diagnosed with Endometriosis can lead to all sorts of feelings. It can be terrifying but also provide some relief at the same time. Endometriosis affects nearly 1 in 10 women, so you're not alone Eylah. You might feel relief that you now know what has been causing you so much pain, but I hear you when you say it's for life and there isn't a cure. That can be so scary to fathom as we don't actually know what causes Endometriosis, but there are treatments that can help you manage the symptoms such as the pain.

I know you said you have an appointment next week, so maybe have a think about any questions you'll want to ask. You could even take a notebook and pen in with you so that you can write down their answers. Your doctors are there to support you and provide you with the information about your diagnosis. But there will be a lot of information thrown your way. Nobody is expecting you to have all the answers any time soon. As you said it is a life-long condition. You have time to do your own research and understand it. There is so much for you to process so take everyday as it comes. Now you have your diagnosis you have one big question answered.

There is so much information out there about Endometriosis that may be overwhelming to take it all in. I've included an organisation down below you might want to check out :) I'm sending you so many hugs and strength Eylah <3
    Endometriosis UK provide free, reliable information about endometriosis on their website, and they have printable and downloadable materials. You can also find personal stories of others with endometriosis and they have a free online community called HealthUnlocked which is a support and discussion forum. You can find information for local support groups all across the UK, or contact their helpline. For more information go to https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/