Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Placement update

TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,832 Extreme Poster
I had my placement taster session but unfortunately wasn’t successful to go further onto the placement. During my last setback, I didn’t manage to complete it and was dismissed early, even though I didn’t do anything wrong. They said my interview answers were a bit short, but I made the effort and arrived on time. There were more candidates than available spots, so not everyone could be chosen. I won’t spend weeks on this placement without a guaranteed job. Also the job may have only been a few months contract and I probably would prefer something longer term. There are other opportunities ahead which Im going to be looking with the company who got me this placement but it feels like another failure and another setback. I'm just hoping it doesn't put me down and most importantly I can get something moving forward. Even though they have said this isn't my only opportunity and I can get other ones I keep worrying about what if we can't find something suitable for me and like I fail all the placements. It's been so tough with all these setbacks when you do something and it flops.

I don't think I'm upset like I was for another setback but I just want something to work out. I'm hoping this doesn't get to me as well because I don't think it's a situation where I'm back to absolute square one, I just probably need to be offered another suitable placement. I think I just need to just move on to the next thing and maybe look at the positives that I went and took part. I gave shorter answers for the interview so that's probably something I need to work on but even if I did give longer answers there's limited spaces. I just really hope something works out soon.