Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

intrusive thoughts

toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 1,395 Wise Owl
does anyone get intrusive thoughts as well as me? theyre so annoying :s

Comments

• IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @toffuna101 it sounds like you’re going through a frustrating experience with these thoughts. Having such thoughts can be very tough thing to deal with, and I very much agree that it’s annoying. Negative memories have been creeping back in my mind lately and whenever they pop up it definitely makes me uncomfortable. I also experience other emotions like anger and sadness when negative memories come to mind.

Your feelings are valid, and I think it’s important to continue looking after yourself by doing things that give you both happiness and peace. Examples of this can be relaxing activities or any interests or hobbies. Being engaged in things that promote positive wellbeing might make the intrusive thoughts you’ve been experiencing less overwhelming and more manageable.

Having control over intrusive thoughts is difficult, but you’re getting better at it.
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Sorry to hear this @toffuna101 intrusive thoughts can definitely be frustrating and I'm sure something other people here will relate to. Being able to recognise them is a great first step though! And as mentioned above, engaging in your interests could help to make these type of thoughts become more manageable. We're here for you if you want to explore some more <3
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,809 Extreme Poster
    I get these sometimes