Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Seeking help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 11 Settling in
Hi ,I just wanted to outlet some thoughts since I’ve started therapy recently. I’ve had it before but this time is different for me. I feel more open and ready to talk properly about things. It took a while but it’s better than never. It actually feels really nice. It’s super emotional for me but I’m just hoping I can keep going with the progress. But I’m starting to realise more that helping myself means some harsher, more negative emotions and feelings are going to arise first. Listening to what people had in response to my home life post really helped me see this ; my mum’s feelings may be hurt initially but for me , it’s the first step in helping her understand her hoarding and helping me combat my own thoughts and mental health. I still feel quite alone often but it’s a start :)

Comments

• lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @Aboutagirl I'm glad you feel able to open up about your thoughts here, it sounds like you're making great progress. Yes healing can result in difficult emotions emerging but as you say it's a step towards understanding and making progress with your mental health.

I'm sure you're not alone as many others are likely in similar positions. Thanks for sharing!
  • AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,228 Boards Guru
    We are all really proud of you @Aboutagirl. It's so great to hear you've started therapy and this time it's feeling different for you. It can be really hard going to therapy especially at the beginning when you start talking about things often for the first time. It sounds like you're doing really well and making great progress. Keep us updated with how it's all going. It's lovely you found The Mix and you've found the replies from others here helpful <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,378 Boards Champion
    Hi @Aboutagirl I’m glad you’re getting some support <3 I’m here if you wanna talk about your mum’s hoarding because I know that’s difficult to live with. Big hugs <3