Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Attachment issues

Do any of you have really bad attachment issues with anyone? I have a boyfriend who I’ve been dating for two months now and I really do love him and I know he loves me too, but it’s ttp where I get upset and sometimes cry when he has something to do or he’s going to go and hang with his friends etc. I’ve spoken to him about it and he says it’s normal, I’m just in love, but I don’t want to keep feeling this way. How do you deal with attachment issues?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @evangelionfan01
    Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. You're not alone in feeling insecure in your attachment to someone and i think it's fairly common to miss your partner when they're gone. Being in love is a very subjective feeling and it does come with a lot of deep emotions; however, is there a reason why you think you feel such extreme negative emotions when your boyfriend leaves you? what do you feel when he leaves or when you know he is about to leave?
  • ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    @evangelionfan01 I think it is so great of you to open up about some of the struggles you have been facing in your relationship. I imagine some people in The Mix community will be also be able to relate to this.

Some people find that communicating with their partner about their attachments issues to be helpful as then the partner can offer some reassurance. So well done for already doing this. :3

There is a book called "Anxiously Attached" by Jessica Baum. You may find this really helpful to feel understood/heard and also to find some healthy coping skills too!

Being in love for those who have attachment issues can be really tricky at times but remember you are not alone in how you are feeling. <3
  • evangelionfan01evangelionfan01 Posts: 3 Newbie
    @genderless_fungi im not sure why it happens… but I believe it’s just that I feel very scared of being alone and being rejected or cheated on (even though I know that he wouldn’t do anything of the sort). I had therapy yesterday where I spoke of this with my therapist, and she told me that perhaps it’s because of something that happened to me in the past? To which I responded that I’d been bullied when I was very little but I had never thought it to have affected me greatly - but maybe I was wrong 😅😅