Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

This is getting way to hard to cope with

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 2,274 Boards Champion
I'm at an all time low and idk how much I can keep going for, its so so hard. Its not getting any better and my thoughts are getting to intense. I'm just filled with stupid stress and pain and I'm trying to cope with it. I really am, but its too much.

I constantly want to sh even for no reason, I feel physically numb. Not sleeping either so fuck my life.

It's my birthday in September and all I hear from family is what you want to do for it...I hate my birthday, fucking hate it.

It's my mums birthday party in 2 weeks and I have no energy for it, its gonna be so loud and all her friends and family are coming and i just want to scream about it
Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
Want to talk crap about me…go on then
Want to make me cry…feel free

Comments

• lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @Rose113 Sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. Is there anything in particular that's causing you stress?

Take each day as it comes, a minute at a time if you have to. We're here if you need support you're really brave for reaching out and it's a great first step.

It sounds really difficult if you have trouble sleeping, is it something you have always struggled with or could it be that you're particularly stressed at the minute?

Quite a lot of people dread their birthdays so you're not alone in that. Do you have an idea of what you would want to do? Sometimes it can be nice to just chill out as not everyone likes a huge celebration. Are you able to express your frustrations to your family? It seems like they're coming from a kind place but maybe they don't know how much it's stressing you out.

Is it possible to prepare for the party by getting some noise cancelling headphones or earplugs to block out the noise? Or maybe go for a short walk to take a break from all the noise and bustle for a bit?

Keep us updated on how things go <3
  • ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    Hi @Rose113 it sounds like you are really struggling at the moment.

People can sh for many different reasons and sometimes it can be difficult to understand why, even when we are the ones doing it. It might be a good idea to try your best to find something to distract you when you get the urges to sh.
    Here is a link that you can check out if you want to: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/helping-yourself-now/

I can hear you are stressed about both your birthday and your mums party. Maybe you could open up to your mum about how you are feeling. Also try to take each day as it comes. Potentially try not to spend all the upcoming days worrying about something that is in the future. I know this can be difficult though.

Keeping opening up on The Mix. We are here for you and we care. You are so strong. <3

I am also going to leave the number for Samaritans here too. If you ever feel like you need a real conversation with someone about your struggles they will also be able to provide you with support.
    Samaritans: 116 123
    https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @Rose113 ,
    I'm sorry you are dealing with such negative and overwhelming feelings at the moment. You are not alone and we are here to provide advice and support so do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need <3

It's incredibly brave to share these feelings with other people - The Mix has a lot of articles providing advice and support for sh and sh relapse. Hopefully this link might be helpful to you: https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/self-harm/how-to-cope-with-a-self-harm-relapse-5684.html

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,575 Extreme Poster
    @Rose113 - i just wanted to say I hope you're feeling okay today. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time at the moment, and like the others have said, you're not alone in this and we're here to help you and give support however we can.

Also wanted to echo what the others have said and the support links they have provided if you need them. There is always somewhere you can reach out to help for.

Sending big hugs
    Sinead
  • eylaheylah Posts: 4,164 Community Veteran
    here for you rose. sorry to hear your struggling. we care about you. <3
    keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🤍
  • GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 1,095 Wise Owl
    Rose113 wrote: »
    I cant do this :bawling: I'm so mentally done. :s sat in bed on verge of tears

We're here for you @Rose113, I'm really sorry to hear that things are feeling so tough right now. Do you feel like you can keep yourself safe? <3

We're here to listen if you want to share if anything has triggered you to feel this way today. It's also okay to cry and to feel fed up. You've been dealing with a lot and it's totally valid to be feeling exhausted with it all. <3
    ♡♡♡
  • Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 2,274 Boards Champion
    @Gemma mhm but don't want to be safe
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free