Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Sertleline

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
Can it b no good at some point
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
    Is tht y I been upset n writing emails, venting frustrations
    Crazy mad insane
  • Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 217 Trailblazer
    Hi @ellie2000 glad to see you reaching out. Would you mind rephrasing your question so we can best support you with your query. <3
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,301 Boards Champion
    Sertraline? Antidepressants don’t work for everyone, yeah, they might make you feel worse. How long have you been taking it? I take fluoxetine which is similar and I definitely felt a lot worse for the first couple of months or so, and after the dosage was increased as well. It takes a while for the body to adjust to it. But also, some antidepressants just aren’t the right fit and you might need to try something else. I think sometimes they can stop working for people as well as they did but I’m not sure. I think you should speak to your GP if you’re concerned about it.
    @AnonymousToe @Orchid059 I've been taking sertiline for 5 years. Why can't we handle life? So we take antidepressants to go through the day
    Crazy mad insane
    Sometimes I think tht the good wanna make me feel bad, is tht normal feeling?
    Crazy mad insane
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 260 The Mix Regular
    Hey @ellie2000 I hope you're doing good today :3 do you mind clarifying your question so we can best help you? Is there something in particular that is making you feel bad?
    @amy02 I came out of abusive relationships some years ago, everything is good now. Ppl don't see (the adults) tht it's not easy to 'forget it n move on' y can't we move on n deal with life automatically?
    Bc I failed at life I was thinking about how ppl ran around sorting things out wen I was deep in a hole. Now I think tht ppl r upset wen I see them
    Crazy mad insane
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 195 Trailblazer
    Hello @ellie2000
    It's very common to compare your recovery to the one of other people, however it is important to remember that everyone processes things at their own pace and it's necessary to extend grace to yourself <3 - The Mix has a post about abusive relationships and how to deal with recovery, hopefully you'll find this helpful https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/relationships/recovering-from-an-abusive-relationship-28006.html
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 Well done for reaching out for this issue you are struggling with. Remember talking about your struggles is so important and you are doing a great job at this.
    I am so sorry that some people in your life made you feel like you should just move on from the abusive relationship you had faced.
    That must have been so difficult. Abusive relationships can be damaging and very difficult to move on from. Some people will have good and bad days when they reflect on the abuse they had to face. That is okay. Recovery can go up and down.
    You are not a failure. The people around you who are worthy of your time can see how strong you are and they really love and respect you for you, just as you are.
    It is important to remember you are never alone in this. We are here for you. You can talk to us whenever. <3