Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Celebrating Our Amazing Volunteers for Volunteers' Week!

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 189 Helping Hand

This Volunteers' Week, we want to shower our incredible volunteers at The Mix with all the love and appreciation they deserve!

Our Moderators bring so much joy, enthusiasm, kindness, and wisdom to our community. From the thoughtful advice they offer to the smiles they bring, they really do make a real difference in people's lives <3

Here's the question for the community:

What do YOU love most about our volunteers at The Mix? Share your stories and words of thanks in the comments below! :star::star::star:

Comments

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    Big shout out to all the volunteers - whether this be moderators, peer supporters or any other of the roles here on the boards and beyond. Without you all the boards wouldn't be what they are.

I still remember being a little nervous to sign up to volunteer as a peer supporter on here a little over 2 years ago. But I'm soooooo glad I did as I've managed to meet and talk to you lovely lot on the boards (and hopefully help you and give advice where I can). I think the Mix has such an amazing community that I'm proud to volunteer for as a peer supporter.

Sending big hugs to everyone - volunteer or not - everyone gets a hug :3
    Sinead
  • SlinkySlinky Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    edited June 2
    I hope all volunteers have good things and lots of happiness in their lives because you are all so kind for giving your time to help and support us💙💙 Thank you for everything you do
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    I think if it wasn't for the amazing volunteers who give up their extra time to help out and make sure that the users on here are supported and loved regardless of what situation they may be in, TheMix woulden't be where it is today. I think the volunteers are so so kind and helpful and I think thats a fab skill to have. Thank you for being so brilliant, kind hearted and amazing. You never know there may be another volunteer helping out real soon :grey_question::grey_question::mrgreen:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films