Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to get rid of alcohol breath???

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
If I get found out at work I'll be absolutely fucked

Comments

• Options
    SlinkySlinky Posts: 36 Boards Initiate
    Brush your teeth, chew on gum? If it’s a one off I’d call in sick. If you’re not 100% sober I don’t think you should be working but idk
  • Options
    @Slinky I mean it's like every morning now that I'm drinking and I can't really stop
  • Options
    SlinkySlinky Posts: 36 Boards Initiate
    That sounds tough Iain 😕 What is it about the drinking that’s making you keep doing it?

Sorry for assuming but if it’s the fact that it numbs feelings, that might be good in the moment but alcohol is also a depressant and in the long run it will make you feel worse.

I know you didn’t ask for help on stopping drinking so I won’t say more but make sure you reach out for help with that if you need it Iain.

You can mask the alcohol on your breath but you can’t mask how it changes how you communicate, move and go about day to day stuff. So be careful because you will get caught eventually.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    @Slinky it just helps me cope thats all - I know it doesn't help me but it does just help me cope better at least. I would ask for help with stopping drinking but I want to get better mentally to get to that point but the NHS don't really want to help that much - I mean already got kicked out of college so it's not really a problem about drinking but it sucks
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    Hi @IainJammyboy it takes courage to come on here and to post how you are feeling so well done for reaching out. It is good that you are trying to seek help for your mental health as that is the first major step and it can help unpick how you are feeling and hopefully help you find healthier coping strategies.

I know you mentioned that you've not had much luck through the NHS. Have you tried arranging an appointment with your GP as they should be able to direct you to the correct services.

Keep us updated with how you are getting on <3