Home Neurodivergence
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shaken up in class

Anonymous55Anonymous55 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
Does anyone else get things chucked at them in class, or have people shove them and get really scared? I'm not sure if it's part of my childhood trauma dealing with bullies, but I get really frightened if someone acts against me in class. It's like settling down, and then suddenly everything's on alert and you just don't feel safe. I have a five minute pass from class, but sometimes when it happens I feel more like if I just stay sitting down, and keep attention drawn away from me, it'll b better than getting up and walking out. I still get really scared, and feel almost like I might get hurt if the person keeps going. Especially if it's physical, that terrifies me, and I end up going almost utterly silent.

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 454 Listening Ear
    @Anonymous55 Yes I have had stuff chucked at me in and out of class it's never a nice feeling - pencils, rubbers, food, paper

Are you able to mention it to anyone? Sorry you're going through this <3
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 66 Boards Initiate
    @Anonymous55

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this at school. School should always be a place where you feel safe and not frightened. I can relate to having had stuff chucked at me when I used to go to school and it is a horrible feeling.

You mention you have a 5 minute pass from classes. If you don't mind me asking, was this the teachers attempt to lessen your contact with the people chucking things at you in class?

When you get stuff chucked at you, does the teacher see this stuff happening? Or is it happening when there is no teacher present?

It is true that often keeping to yourself and not reacting to them chucking stuff at you can reduce it happening because the people get bored of not receiving a reaction. However, I would say if this has been going on for so long by the same people, it is a form of bullying.

I notice you have mentioned quite a few times about how frightened and terrified you feel. Do you perhaps have a teacher you get on well with, guidance, or a teaching assistant who you could speak to about this at school? I understand that you may be feared of them asking for names of who is doing this. So you could explain why you are not wanting to name names but make the teacher more alert and aware of keeping their eyes out on it happening within the classroom.

There is also the option of getting in touch with Childline:

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/school-college-and-work/

This page directly leads you to information about getting support to do with school. Childline are trained counsellor professionals who are trained to support you and talk you through the options you could explore and also take your feelings into account. This could be a very helpful resource to use if you are not confident talking to any members of staff at your school.

Another option is do you have any family members you feel comfortable to talk to about how you are feeling at school?

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Anonymous55Anonymous55 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    @lunarcat522 and @KBee99
    it only started up again because my maths teacher moved me to the front, where everyone who hates me suddenly remembers I exist because they can all see me, rather than when I'm more protected at the back. I do have a guidance councellor, and I do intend to bring it up, but the reason I have the pass is actually because my mental state hasn't been stellar for the past few years, and I have sensory issues. Usually, the stuff chucking happens behind the teacher's back, but I've gotten to a point where I just want to screw all those damn bullies over and get them in detention and I don't even care if they hate me even more because I'm a 'snitch'. So I do tell the adults, and the kids do get in trouble for it.

Sadly, I'm still at the front though, so besides the fact that the kid I'm sitting next to is basically a shield because the others get along with him and therefore don't want to accidentally hit him, I'm still at risk. Worst part is, if there's another move, anyone who ends up sitting next to me complains, even one of my former friends who still hasn't brought up the fact that I blocked them, nor have they even attempted to talk to me, or make eye contact. That's a story for another time though. Thank you for chipping in, I do appreciate knowing. Um, also, the part about teachers accepting that I can't name names wouldn't work because A: they know how rock bottom my mental health was and don't want me in danger from myself or anyone else.

And B(this is the really funny part XD): Their pride would be damaged if they knew I was being bullied while under their school policies (the policies don't do shit I got called half man half animal once and I couldn't tell the adult in charge of the class cus he had no idea what my history with the bully wasXD) and if I told my parents, you can bet the teachers would be running for their lives and jobs