Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm useless

joshy123joshy123 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
I've not been on for a while because I feel like I was annoying some of you but I've swooped even lower I doubt I can get much lower then rn I just want the stress to stop and for time to go back 4 years or so I hate my life rn its so shit I had a panic attack in front of like 100 people yesterday I've never been so embarrassed I hate this feeling

Comments

• Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 468 Listening Ear
    Hi @joshy123, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling like this. I just wanted to say that you're not annoying us at all - it's so important to acknowledge your struggles, and you're so brave for sharing how you're feeling. We're always here to support you whenever you need us <3

I'm so sorry that you experienced a panic attack in front of lots of people - I completely understand that being put in that position is so anxiety inducing and I can feel how humiliated it must have felt. I just wanted to mention that there is no shame in experiencing a panic attack as it's not your fault at all - and if anyone asks about it, you don't have to tell them if you're not comfortable.

How are you feeling? Taking a step back and allowing yourself to feel these emotions for a while may help. There's no rush to get over this right away - maybe reflecting on what triggers your panic attack could help you understand what you could do next time once you feel it creeping in again.

Hope this helps, and we're here for you <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    SindySindy Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    I'm so sorry.
    This does sound v isolationg.
    So painful having a panic attack- especially infront of many people.
    Sending love ❤️
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
    Hi @joshy123 it sounds like you are going through an incredibly tough time at the moment so it is perfectly reasonable to feel the way you do. Remember you are never a bother to us, we want to help and support you in the best way so please don't let that deter you from reaching out to us.

I am sorry that you experienced a panic attack that must have been so hard for you. Was there anyone there on hand to comfort you as it is never nice to deal with that alone.

Have you been in contact with a professional counsellor as I think talking to a professional about how you are feeling might be able to provide you with the correct tips and strategies moving forward so you can start feeling better in yourself again.

We are always here for you and remember you are never alone <3
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 93 Budding Regular
    @joshy123 hey, i'm so sorry u feel this way, u should in no way feel bad about posting on here cause that's what its for, ur deffo not annoying anyone! As for the panic attack i'm very sorry that happened, that must have felt so embarrassing but im sure no one was judging u for having a panic attack, its a totally normal experience that happens and u shouldn't feel ashamed for it happening. If i'm having a panic attack, i find it helpful to occupy my mind in the moment by counting things or naming objects in my head etc. to help me focus on my breathing! Hope this helps u, sending lots of love <3