Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Social services files

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,120 Wise Owl
Is there a way to get a copy of my files from like 2011 or something. Will they still have the files from the case about my birthparents.

What about the police ones 🤔 can I get them from the day I was taken into care? Will they have already gone? How would I get them from Blackpool social services and police?

Will there be different files in the social services in Hull? That's where the story started with my birth parents becoming known to them

Am I allowed the files even when I'm under 18? Do I need legal requests for the files, like a lawyer or attorney thingy?

What if I cant get the files? How will I find out the whole story of my past? My past is just a puzzle picture filled with missing peices. Non of my past makes sense.

I JUST WANT TO FIGURE THE WHOLE STORY OUT 😭

sorry for all the questions ☹️
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Rose113 ! Thank you so much for reaching out. No need to apologise for all the questions, that is exactly what we are here for. :3

I found this information online which might be helpful for you. It is about how to access any personal records. https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/accessing-my-personal-information/how-to-ask-for-your-personal-data/

I can hear your frustration and you totally deserve to figure out your whole story.

Let me know if this information helps and if you have any more questions about which path to take when trying to get hold of your files please don't hesitate to reach out. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you.

Good luck and keep me updated! <3