Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Group therapy? Dbt?

yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
Hello, I hope everyone is doing ok. Just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with group therapy? Or dbt? After being on a waiting list FOREVER I've finally been signed up for group dbt but I'm not sure what to expect and how to feel. I've got an appointment where the lady will just tell me more about it but I'm still unsure and it's gonna be on my mind until that appointment
my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain

Comments

• Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @yana I hope you're doing well :3 It's completely understandable to feel unsure about starting a therapy you've not tried before, but it sounds good that you have an appointment to talk more about it. Perhaps you could go in with some questions you want to ask in the meeting? Hopefully they'll be able to explain a bit more and make you feel comfortable. I haven't done dbt myself, but I have done some group therapy. I actually really enjoyed listening to other people's experiences and perspectives and it definitely gave me lots of peer support and things to reflect on <3