Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Builders coming

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,298 Wise Owl
edited March 26 in Home, Law & Money
The builders have been coming around to do some work, and I worry about them seeing my home all day as I'm trying to look for a proper job atm. They potentially know that I'm not doing much atm as I'm home most of the time, so I worry about what the builders think of me whenever they come. I just feel bad about myself because they're busy doing tough jobs, and I'm not doing much.

Comments

• Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @FordRanger !

I understand what you are saying. I think that many people everyday feel like others are judging their decisions and how they choose to live their life. However it is really important to remind yourself that usually people are so concerned with their own life and problems that they are not looking to judge others.

It is also good to remind yourself that having a job is not reflective of how successful you are. You can choose to stay at home and do nothing all day if it makes you happy! Life is about being happy and content. It is not about your job successes- this is simply an unwritten rule/ expectation society has placed on people.

Be kind to yourself. You are doing the best you can and that is more than enough. <3

• Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,298 Wise Owl
    edited March 27
    Hi @FordRanger !

I understand what you are saying. I think that many people everyday feel like others are judging their decisions and how they choose to live their life. However it is really important to remind yourself that usually people are so concerned with their own life and problems that they are not looking to judge others.

It is also good to remind yourself that having a job is not reflective of how successful you are. You can choose to stay at home and do nothing all day if it makes you happy! Life is about being happy and content. It is not about your job successes- this is simply an unwritten rule/ expectation society has placed on people.

Be kind to yourself. You are doing the best you can and that is more than enough. <3

@ameliaJayne I think its not uncommon to worry about others judging them. Also I think that's true like most people are concerned with their own life like its possible the builder doesn't care or hadn't noticed me at home most of the time or might just assume I work from home or at nights etc.

Also true like there's other ways of success etc. Tbh though I have been at home not doing nothing but a lot of time I had had days where Im not doing much and I don't really like it. I have tried different stuff regarding work and career wise over my time but stuff hasn't ended up happening and I'm still just kind of trying to find maybe a part time job. It's just a bit stressful atm but I'm hoping to find something soon that's right for me and everything. What you are saying is true though if someone is happy with whatever they are doing then its good as long as its safe and legal not much else matters. Thanks for replying to my discussion too 👍 .