Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't know if I want to go pub

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
Just encountered another slight issue regarding meeting friends. We had planned to meet this week to go pub, but I am having second thoughts now. One of the staff members emailed me about a potential college meeting regarding work which I requested so they said the next day, my friend plan to attend the pub. It might be too much as I will have to wake up early the next day. We have been planning to go to the pub for a while, and I have been hesitant due to various reasons, but my friend is eager to go. He might be driving there, and we plan to stay for a few hours, so it will be challenging to wake up on time. Also, I am not sure if I feel like it, to be honest, without sounding lazy, just waiting around for them, watching them play pool, which I am not good at, and then coming back late. I would prefer to go on a different day, but I don't want to keep postponing it as I have done before because I think they are also getting tired of it too.

Comments

• Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @FordRanger I hope it's not too late, but I'm just checking in to see if you're still deciding what to do?
    As they are your friends, I'm sure they'll understand if you have a meeting to go to :3 If you do postpone, you could offer them a day which works much better for you?
  • Options
    amy02 wrote: »
    Hey @FordRanger I hope it's not too late, but I'm just checking in to see if you're still deciding what to do?
    As they are your friends, I'm sure they'll understand if you have a meeting to go to :3 If you do postpone, you could offer them a day which works much better for you?

@amy02 thanks for replying, it's not too late, meant to be going tomorrow. 1 of the guys is a bit judgemental and might get a bit funny being like I can push it and manage to get back in time to get enough sleep but I don't want to push it to miss the meeting. 1 of my other friends I have messaged separately that I might be pushing it as I have got a meeting and he understands as he's understandable. That's what I'll probably do, try to offer a weekend maybe.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    @FordRanger that probably sounds like a good idea, you don't want to be stressed if it's too much of a push :3 Hopefully when you explain and offer a new date your other friend will understand - we all have things going on and life can get busy. I guess the important thing is showing you still value them and are looking forward to meeting up another time <3
  • Options
    amy02 wrote: »
    @FordRanger that probably sounds like a good idea, you don't want to be stressed if it's too much of a push :3 Hopefully when you explain and offer a new date your other friend will understand - we all have things going on and life can get busy. I guess the important thing is showing you still value them and are looking forward to meeting up another time <3

@amy02 True like things come up. Might be going for the Manchester United game on the weekend.