Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TW: self-harm

dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
edited March 20 in Health & Wellbeing
I had a shit day with no sleep and felt depressed. I self harmed and then took cocaine and the comedown worsen my mental state.

When I was in hospital a senior nurse told me about Ecclesiastes, from the Bible:
“ There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.”

What I get from this is that things won’t last forever. The good. The bad. Life is a wonderful mess.

To those struggling, please, get help from someone who you trust. As shit as the system will be there are people out there, who will listen. This website is good for reaching out, that’s what it’s here for.
I hope you have a wonderful day.

Thank you.
“Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    edited March 20
    Hey @dyoverdx, thank you for your trust in sharing this with us. It sounds like things have been weighing on you lately, so it's really brave of you to reach out. <3

How are things feeling today? You mentioned feeling depressed and having self-harmed. I wondered what your support options are looking like at the minute?

I just wanted to share that the organisation Mind has a great article with some tips on coping with urges to SH. There are also apps like Calm Harm and distrACT with tips and techniques on coping with SH that you might like to look into.

If you would ever like some text based support, Crisis Messenger is open 24/7 everyday. To access this support, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    dyoverdx wrote: »
    What I get from this is that things won’t last forever. The good. The bad. Life is a wonderful mess.

To those struggling, please, get help from someone who you trust. As shit as the system will be there are people out there, who will listen. This website is good for reaching out, that’s what it’s here for.

^This was such a positive and hopeful message to read, @dyoverdx. Life being a wonderful mess is a good analogy - things certainly don't have to last forever and it's so important that we have people in our lives we can trust in sharing our feelings.

We're really lucky to have you all as part of our lovely community.

Keep reaching out, we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    hey @dyoverdx I'm just checking in, how are you doing today? we are all here for you <3 have you done something to make you smile today <3