Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is money a source of stress in your family or for you personally? If so, why?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
edited March 19 in Home, Law & Money
No secret that money is tight for most people these days. I'm wondering whether money is a driver of stress, either for you or your family - or your household if that's easier to answer.

And if so, what in particular is causing the stress? Not having enough money generally, or a specific expense or life thing? (e.g. disability aids, weekly food shop, school stuff)
The truth resists simplicity.

Is money a source of stress in your family or for you personally? If so, why? 7 votes

Yes, for my family but not for me
14% 1 vote
Yes, for me but not my family
42% 3 votes
Yes, for my family and for me personally
28% 2 votes
No, money isn't a source of stress
14% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    To be honest it`s mostly general although the hardest part is food. Me and my mum get free prescriptions so we don`t have to worry about the cost of medication although once I finish sixth form, I`ll have to start paying which is going to be an issue so I`m worrying about that.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for your thoughts @Dancer! Totally hear you on prescriptions. One of those things that can catch you out with how much they are as you get older (it happened to me too!)

Do you find that food is usually where you/your mum try to scrimp and save?
    The truth resists simplicity.