Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling anxious again and bad nightmare

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,995 Community Veteran
I just feel anxious again maybe this isnt the right place to post this at all. I was talking to some online friends on my discord when one of them jokingly started flirting with me eventhough I am aware they are in a relationship. A few of my friends were trying to get them to stop because of this and I just got worried that the other person in the relationship would be upset if they found out. But apprently my friend mentioned they were joking and would never try and do that to me at all (the situation made me uncomfortable and I told them). My friend running the server also told them too to calm down as well. Apparently I also found out that their partner also flirts with other people as well which I found quite odd despite being in a relationship. I just feel anxious. I also had a nightmare last night that I got lost in the park holiday place and coulden't find my friends and family. I told my mum about it and she asked if the server was safe which it is anyway but like I just feel like my anxiety is back. Im just hoping that the person won't get angry with me despite them being a discord user themselves. Sorry for ranting on here I need somewhere to post and talk about my feelings somewhere so I am not bottling everything up like I normally do on here.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    This is a fine place to post this @Amy22 :) good to see you sharing

Are you anxious about a particular thing happening as a result of the flirting, or is it more of a general unease about the situation and your own boundaries being crossed?

Different relationships will have different boundaries. I know couples that are fine with flirting, while others are uncomfortable at their partner talking to exes. It does vary a little and it might be that the duo you're referring to here are fine with what they're doing and see it positively.

That said, that doesn't mean you have to be okay with it. If being flirted with makes you uncomfortable or crosses your boundaries in any way, that's completely okay. :) And feeling anxious is completely understandable - it's a bit of a weird situation to be in!

If you wanted to communicate this with your friends so they understand, you could explore communicating this with them in a way that you find comfortable.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,995 Community Veteran
    Hi @JustV thank you so much I really appreciate it. I think for me its the anxiety of the result of the flirting as you said because i don't want to seem like a bad person in a way. I think for us all the other night it came off as strange but the person did apologise and agreed not to do because they know I don't like it as much.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films