Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Still here, but you'll see a bit less of me

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited March 3 in General Chat
Heeeey people :) I'm not going anywhere, but I wanted to let y'all know my role here is changing.

After this week, my job will primarily be supporting and training our volunteer teams, some Youth Voice, and generally more of the 'back of house' work that goes on behind the scenes.

This is to support the growth in our services at The Mix and give more attention to the volunteers who run them. It's also a personal win for me, because my new role comes with less working hours, so I'll have a more even work/life balance that works for me and where I am in my life.

Practically, this means you'll see me less day-to-day. I won't be responding to @TheMix DMs as much, or keeping y'all updated about news in the community. The rest of the team will handle that.

I'll still help the team out when they need it, and I'll pop in regularly to see how y'all are doing. Heaven knows I couldn't keep myself away from this place if I tried. :lol:<3

I guess you could think of it like: I'll be less of a Community Manager and more of a Moderator.

By the way, if you haven't already, go say hi to our new staff member @ella and make her feel welcome! She's super cool and will do an amazing job looking after you guys.
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    wow I said y'all three whole times in this post
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,014 Community Veteran
    Hiya @JustV

I think it's amazing that your role is going to involve training some of the newer mods and youth voice volunteers too!. I bet that will be super cool for you to do. We will definitely miss you on here but as the role works better for you and balances out your work/life situation, you gotta do what you gotta do. Have fun in your new adventure, hopefully we will cross paths real soon <3.

Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
    @JustV are we scaring the staff away :p (joking :lol: )
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Hiya @JustV

I think it's amazing that your role is going to involve training some of the newer mods and youth voice volunteers too!. I bet that will be super cool for you to do. We will definitely miss you on here but as the role works better for you and balances out your work/life situation, you gotta do what you gotta do. Have fun in your new adventure, hopefully we will cross paths real soon <3.
    Thanks for the kind words @Amy22! I appreciate you saying. :) I won't be far away.
    River wrote: »
    Luckily for you guys we don't scare easy :tongue:
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,018 Wise Owl
    We’ll miss you, but glad you can get a better work/life balance :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,014 Community Veteran
    JustV wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Hiya @JustV

Thanks for the kind words @Amy22! I appreciate you saying. :) I won't be far away.
    River wrote: »
    Luckily for you guys we don't scare easy :tongue:

No worries <3 anytime!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    We’ll miss you, but glad you can get a better work/life balance :)
    Appreciate the kind words @AnonymousToe!