Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anxiety and panic attacks

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
I`ve been struggling more with my anxiety and panic attacks especially at school. In the past week, I`ve had 4 panic attacks and 3 of those have just been within the past 3 days. It`s exhausting and too much to deal with. I know that people say that I am not my anxiety but what else is it?
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Dancer, thank you for sharing this with us. <3

It sounds like you've had a pretty rough week and I can totally see how exhausting and upsetting that must be, especially to be experiencing panic attacks in school which is quite a tough environment anyway.

Do you feel like anything has triggered these recent panic attacks this week? Difficult situations can often be the triggers for these kinds of things, like stress about school, exams, or other things. We're here if you did want to share any more about that.

Do you feel you can reach out to anyone at school about it? I'm wondering if they could offer you any support. Sometimes it can be helpful for us to find a safe, quiet space where we can focus on our breathing when we feel ourselves getting stressed or anxious.

Young Minds has a really nice article here on coping with panic attacks, and they share some examples of breathing exercises and techniques that might help like creating a self-soothe box, or starting a diary to work out what our triggers might be.

Keep us updated with how things are going, we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Dancer Just checking in again to see how you've been doing these past couple of days? Anxiety is exhausting but we are always here for support <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I had a panic attack on Saturday so yeah that wasn`t too great. And then I`ve just been struggling generally today and I broke down into tears earlier.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous