Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Been feeling low in my accomodation

Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 189 Helping Hand
edited February 19 in Health & Wellbeing

Hello all.

I have been feeling down today.

At my supported accommodation, I spoke to my key worker about my concern for the impact my job could have on my benefits if I am offered it. He clarified the query with a support worker in the office, and then told me to journal message my work coach and gave me a sheet with information about 'working when you live in a hostel, refuge or supported accommodation'. So, I felt he sent away and expected me to read and interpret information neurotypically when my autism makes me do that differently. I played out scenarios of ignoring him and my support worker and walking out of my accommodation angrily when they were talking to me.

My low mood brought up a memory of when I was offended about the landlord reading things I should not do as if I am that type of person who would violate the rules, causing me to play out scenarios of being angry with her.

I shared the sheet my support worker given me with my mum. She said it is up to me to take the job if I am offered it. Her comment triggered scenarios of staff saying the same thing, making me lonely during this time of transition because they have passed this stage of life.

Then, I ended up developing an emotional attachment to particularly the support worker in the office because she was a female, even though I did not know her. I also did to my key worker. I had thoughts about their romance outside of their jobs and them supporting me, which added to my mood.

When I was shopping, I was feeling like the whole world was against me, making me feel isolated. I have been feeling forgotten about because none of my support staff knocked on my door to check up on me like they usually do. I know that my thoughts are not accurate and are not always true and there are other possibilities to the situation but my thoughts and feelings are still valid regardless.

Comments

• Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Creativeboy23 I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling down today, I can really hear how isolating this must feel for you <3

Transitioning into the world of work can definitely be stressful and unnerving when we don't know what we are getting ourselves into. It's great that you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts on here and know that your feelings are valid :3
    Remember you are not alone and we are all here for support. How do you feel about potentially taking the job?
  • Options
    Hello @amy02.

Thanks. I am waiting to hear about whether I have got the job or not. It is has not reached the time yet. Now, I have realised I do not want to take it at the moment because of personal reasons.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,972 Community Veteran
    edited February 23
    @Creativeboy23 find out who the boss of the workers is or catch them making a mistake like a voice message on gone, or audio record. Key workers work together and point score from my experience in the past. Social worker r always off, is there a daycenter u go to u can tlk to?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hello, @ellis2000.

No. There is no day centre.