Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't know if I am having too many takeaways

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,306 Wise Owl
I had one earlier in week because I just wanted it. I think I had another at the middle of the week and had 1 last night because my friend bought me it. I think I have had 3 this week. Now I just feel a bit worried that I am having too many takeaways as its not healthy its also not cheap. I found the out we had this week and I saw one of them that was around £50 on a Indian which is took me by surprise, it was for a few people to be fair though. It lasted a few days though as well so I got a few servings out of what I ordered so technically I had it more than 3 times this week, then having other takeaways too. I had people mentioning in the past mentioning I have had too many which made me worried and tbh honest I don't do any sport or exercise on anything either. I thought on the the first one I wont have anymore for a few weeks and I did have another 1. Then yesterday I was offered one just literally in the box in front of me by a friend, they just said they had a surprise specifically for me so I had to have it. I appreciate it and I enjoyed it but I was thinking if I am having too many takeaways before I went to bed.

It is hard to say no because for example what if you're out with you mate(s) who want to go McDonald's so you go then I decide to not get anything. Personally I would find that super awkward just sat there and watching them eat in the restaurant not ordering anything myself. I'm gonna end up ordering something myself in that situation. I find it hard to say no if offered one too. I don't have 3 takeaways every week tbf, I sometimes go 1 or 2 weeks without having one at all too but sometimes I can have a few in the same week.

Comments

• Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    hey @FordRanger don't feel guilty about having too many takeaways, they're a nice treat to have and lots of ppl love to eat them (me included). Ppl can be very insensitive when commenting on ppls diets telling u 'u shouldn't be eating that' or 'ur eating too much/too little' but in reality you'd have to be having takeaways nearly every day of the week consistently for it to have a massive negative impact on u . Just think about holidays like christmas and easter, me and thousands of ppl alike eat junk food all month long because its a treat and ur not doing it all the time! If u ever feel truly worried about ur health, ur doctor is the person to talk to, and they can reassure u themselves that 3 takeaways in a week is not the be all and end all. Sending love <3