Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guest access is no longer available for Support Groups

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited January 31 in Community Announcements
Hey wonderful people, guest access is (for now) disabled for Support Groups.

In practice, this just means everyone who uses support groups must have a registered account with a verified email address. If you have an account, this won't affect you, but if you're a regular who relies on guest logins, you'll need to create an account the next time you join a group.

That should slow down and make life harder for any troublemakers orbiting this community, firm up our security and make banning more consistent for the mod team. 🐱‍👤

The staff team are always hesitant to add barriers to support (even something like registration) but this just means the boards and support groups now have the same entry requirements. :)

EDIT: how to create an account
je3809k1myum.png
  • Go to the support groups page: https://bit.ly/TMSupportGroups
  • Click 'sign up' (shown in the screenshot above)
  • If the email you entered is correct, you'll receive a verification code
  • Enter the verification code and your account will be active
  • Fill out your profile - a picture especially helps your messages stand out!
The truth resists simplicity.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If you notice any issues or have any questions, please use this thread to discuss them :)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    This actually makes a lot of sense to do. Most services need a registration and it will hopefully slow the trolls down
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,019 Wise Owl
    Luckily I’ve worked out how to create an account 😂 I didn’t even know you could to be honest
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Luckily I’ve worked out how to create an account 😂 I didn’t even know you could to be honest

Maybe some instructions would be worth having on the boards, I can't even remember how I did it now, I have always been a registered user. So couldn't explain it to someone who couldn't do it aha!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    That's a good shout actually @independent_, I've added some pointers to the main post :)

Glad you figured it out @AnonymousToe!
    This actually makes a lot of sense to do. Most services need a registration and it will hopefully slow the trolls down
    Totally. :) It's not exactly revolutionary, and should help us in the long run.