Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm a 27 year old virgin and I feel like I'm a total loser

This discussion was created from comments split from: The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :).
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    paulryanerpaulryaner Posts: 1 Just got here
    I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It's important to recognize that your worth is not determined by external factors such as physical appearance or relationship status. Your qualities, such as being sociable, funny, compassionate, and a hard worker, are valuable and contribute positively to who you are.

It's understandable that concerns about physical appearance and struggles with loneliness can take a toll on mental health. Consider reaching out to a mental health professional or counselor to discuss your feelings and explore strategies to cope with these challenges. It's commendable that you are considering talking to someone about it.

Remember, it's okay to seek support and prioritize your mental well-being. Engaging in activities you enjoy, such as your hospital radio hobby or physical exercise, can be helpful in maintaining a positive mindset. Relationships and dating are personal journeys that can take time, and there's no need to rush or compare yourself to others.

If you're open to it, exploring social opportunities within your university or community, beyond traditional methods, might help you meet new people with shared interests. And, of course, being kind to yourself is crucial – you deserve compassion and understanding.
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @urfinallyanonymous well done for reaching out and talking about the issue rather than keeping it to yourself.

You sound like you have a wonderful personality. You seem to really care about others and have some healthy interests too which is amazing -give yourself more credit for this! Please be kinder to yourself about the way you look. What is defined as beautiful is different for each individual and true beauty comes from within. The way you look does not equate to your worth. Remind yourself of this everyday. There is someone out there who will 100% see this beauty in you too, even if you cant see it yourself at the moment.

Loving yourself can be a really difficult journey with many ups and downs but it is really worth sticking to.

I would like to say that just because you are a training mental health nurse does not mean that you should have perfect mental health. We are all human and everyone's mental health will fluctuate across their lifetime. Please don't beat yourself up about this. If you are struggling and think you would benefit from some help potentially reaching out to your gp to get put on a waiting list for talk therapy might be beneficial. I know that therapy can be centred around attributes such as working on self esteem.

Sending you lots of strength. You got this and you will figure it all out. Small steps everyday.