Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self teach

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
Do u just read books n hope information goes in?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @ellie2000 self-teaching can be challenging for people, but for some it works really well. This might be just a personal preference but I find that it helps to learn using a variety of formats - such as reading passages from textbooks, watching video clips, reflecting on the topic and writing down notes or completing tasks.

You can read books if that's something that helps you, but for many, just reading may not be enough for information to properly 'solidify' in your head as it's a passive form of learning, rather than an active form such as taking notes of a video, or answering questions from a textbook, or carrying out research into a topic.

If it works for you, that's completely fine! In short it depends on the person, I know people that can learn and revise from simply reading over notes, whereas I need to do a lot of 'active' tasks such as writing notes and making flashcards to aid my learning.

I've added an article that might help explain passive and active learning a bit better than I've been able to

https://classcraft.com/blog/active-learning-vs-passive-learning/