Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I made a mistake

joshy123joshy123 Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
I sent a d pic to someone I thought was my friend and she's took my number and my face and Is threatening to post it if I don't pay her
I've known her for weeks and I got a message tonight and she said she was Horny and I was well bored so yk things led up to that I thought we were friends I liked her too

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    woah omg that's terrifying. this is why i never send nudes w my face in it. i have no advjce tbh idk what the fuck to do in thay situation. how much does she wanf u to pay?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    edited January 8
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @joshy123 I'm so sorry to hear about your situation - I hope you're looking after yourself and finding ways to stay calm in such as stressful position. I agree with what has been said and urge you to contact the police to sort this. Keep us updated and remember we are here for you <3
  • Options
    DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    How old is she?
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    joshy123 wrote: »
    I sent a d pic to someone I thought was my friend and she's took my number and my face and Is threatening to post it if I don't pay her
    I've known her for weeks and I got a message tonight and she said she was Horny and I was well bored so yk things led up to that I thought we were friends I liked her too

Hey @joshy123 thank you for reaching out on here. I just wanted to reassure you that we can all make mistakes from time to time because we are human beings. No one is perfect at times and we can make mistakes. It sounds like what happened and I am hearing that you send an explicit picture to someone you thought was a friend, and now they have taken your face, image and number and are threatning to post that image if you don't pay them money. It also sounds that you liked that person as well and you know her for quite some time. It sounded like she was being very very threatening towards even if she sent you a message about feeling horny. May I ask if you feel comfortable sharing and you definitely don't have to, did she ask you to take a picture explicitly and then send it to her?. Because if she did then technically that is manipulative behaviour and also technically she may be harrassing you there. Sometimes even people we may be friends with can ask us to do things we may not want do or we may feel pressurised in that moment to do so. I can imagine how stressful that situation must be for you right now. It definitely does sound like she was manipulating you and blackmailing you just like @faolan suggested.

It may be an idea to report this to police straight away because this could potentially escalate further if not dealt with properly. Again we can make mistakes but sometimes we need to think about things first especially if and I might be mis-reading this so I apologise if I am not writing this quite well, but a friend is being very particularly pushy or seems to be manipulative in the way the words thing. The thing is people can be quite clever with how they word things so for example if she messaged you saying she felt 'horny' that may have been suggesting that she wanted you to send an explicit picture but she worded it differently not to arouse suspcisious in some form. I'd say if she keeps further threatning you, keep a log or track any evidence even writing down things in a notebook because then you will have evidence if you need to go to the police too. I am always here too if you do need any help with anything or support during this tricky time for you <3.

Sending you a hug,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    James_SJames_S Posts: 4 Newbie
    Could involving the police lead to Josh being in trouble with them for sending an explicit pic which the girl is likely to tell them was unwanted?
  • Options
    BensonEBensonE Posts: 97 Budding Regular
    Hiya josh I know I'm late to party however this happened to me once and due to fact face wasn't in same photo I ignored it and nothing happened

But I could of just been lucky