Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Helplines quick to get rid of me

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 933 Part of The Mix Family
I just don't know if I am overreacting or not - I don't know if it's the way I act or what I say? I always start by mentioning how suicidal I am and my bpd diagnosis, they kinda chat about a wee bit and then are just really really quick to refer me to other helplines - like the Samaritans told me to contact the mix or shout when I'm in a crisis, shout tells me to go to the mix, but then the mix helpline is only open for a really short window of time so they advice going to shout or Samaritans. I even had 2 helplines last night just close their chats on me too, I don't know if it was a connection problem or something like that, but it all just seems too planned for that. Anywhere I fucking go either they don't want to deal with me or I have to run the risk of having police called on me - I mean they've never shown up in the past anyways. Am I that much of a burden to everyone - even the police fail to do their job because I'm just that much of a waste of space. I can see why people think I'm overreacting or attention seeking but seeing I've put myself in hospital before - doesn't that show I need more support than the none I get now????

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    @IainJammyboy I’m so sorry you’re not getting the support you need. If it helps at all, I don’t think it’s everyone ganging up on you or anything. The services are overstretched and people are slipping through the cracks. It’s good that you keep pushing to get support, because you deserve it
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi @IainJammyboy, thank you so much for reaching out. I'm extremely sorry for your terrible experiences - getting passed from service to service and gaining no support from them feels understandably frustrating.

I just wanted to say that you're not a burden at all, you completely deserve to get the help you need. It truly is unfortunate that there are a only a few services available, with so many people experiencing mental health problems. There's only so much people they can accommodate sadly, so I think some users who need help may have experienced what you've described above - it's awful how there's no better way for them to give you the best possible support, without making you feel like a burden.

Helplines aren't effective for everyone, so I just wanted to ask if you've found anything that can help you cope? No worries if not, finding the correct support for you takes plenty of time.

Please feel free to continue writing out how you've been feeling on the boards, we can help you make sense of how you're feeling with no judgment at all.

Stay strong and please don't give up on getting the support you need <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @IainJammyboy I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling to get the support you need. You are absolutely not a 'waste of space' and deserve all the help you need to get better. Please keep speaking up for yourself, and remember we are all here to help you <3