Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I’m a girl, I think?

ElleFroggo05ElleFroggo05 Posts: 121 The Mix Convert
Hey guys. Sooo a bit context. I’m Elouise but everyone calls me Elle, feels less formal and more me ngl. I also use she/they pronouns as I think I’m a girl but I’m not sure so I keep the they in it as it feels nice-?? I don’t really know I’m still figuring shit out. My dad is extremely closed minded to gender and my mum is ok with it unless it’s her own kids. Back in covid I thought I was demigirl(half girl half non binary) so I told my mum but she just said I’m not and that I’m a girl. I’m really questioning my gender but the 2 people I’d want to ask the most and talk to the most are the 2 I can’t because they’re so closed minded in regards to gender. Like I want nowt more than have an actual talk with my mum about it since we are really close but I know she’d just dismiss me. How do I figure out who I actually am? Like I’m pansexual and asexual which my mum is cool with but my dad is weird about (he doesn’t really think they exist and says I’m just scared of sex and I have to correct him a lot when he calls me bi)
In basic, I do not know who I am. Am I a girl, am I non binary, am I literally just a blob? I don’t even know🤣
Thanks for reading my little rant lmao honestly sometimes I wish I wasn’t lgbtq just because all the identity crisiss it gives me😂
How is my adhd autistic anxious depressed brain functioning-? I don’t know either

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    Hey @ElleFroggo05 I totally get you with gender too as I use she/they pronouns but sometimes I use they/them pronouns cause it feels more comfortable. That must be super hard for you at the moment trying to figure out your gender especially if your dad is very understanding of how you identify. Personally, I think it's okay to feel confused about gender because I see gender as fluid, and has lots of fluidity. Anyone's gender, sexuality or identity can change over time and that is totally normal. Its even harder when you have to talk to people you find comfortable talking to but they are closed minded with gender. It can be hard at times trying to explain gender to someone who may not be very open minded about it. But there is plenty of time to still figure yourself out and identity. I don't think you have to have a finalised idea of what your gender is but allowing yourself to explore can be a good way of figuring it out in a way. Honestly, Im probably not the best at advice with this but I think not to be afraid of being confused is the start of self exploration I guess. Personally this is something I am also trying to figure out too as there was a time I felt like I was adrogynous and I identified with more masculine traits, however I kind of feel like you in terms of being a demigirl. But Im always here if you need someone to talk to <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    My dad isn’t understanding
    I’m not Demi girl, I just thought I was back in lockdown
    I’ve been trying figure it out for a while
    How is my adhd autistic anxious depressed brain functioning-? I don’t know either
  • Options
    BlueberryMuffinBlueberryMuffin Posts: 19 Settling in
    yeah i think these things kinda take time to figure out for yourself, im kinda the same so for the time being I just say im genderfluid and use they/them mainly. But yeah i think it takes a while to really find out who we are and stuff. My dad is very not understanding too, and tbh so is my mum, so i think thats kinda common with parents which sucks, but it will get better eventually and im sure you will figure it out, and eventually your parents will have to learn to understand too. sending lots of hugs
  • Options
    Thanks I don’t really know in terms my gender but I’m pretty sure I’m ok w she/they
    Yea like my parents are the most amazing people ever but this is their main con and for my mum possibly one her only lol
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
    We can all be little blobs together blobbing about and doing blob things - that would be fun
  • Options
    Blob gang
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    Little blobs doing blobby things <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Blob blob