Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Activities to try if you're feeling lonely this Winter - tips from The Mix ✨

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
edited January 3 in Health & Wellbeing
Being alone doesn’t have to be lonely!

There are lots of activities that we can do alone, and it can be really enjoyable! They can help us value and embrace our own company, while also reducing any feelings of loneliness that may be triggered by our own company 😌

What cosy activities do you like to do when on your own during Winter? Let us know below 💛

For me, I like to curl up on the couch in my oodie and fluffy socks and listen to some podcasts!

Alt text spoilered:
The title of the image reads 'Activities to try if you're feeling lonely this winter'. There are illustrations that surround this title with captions that read: start a series, crochet, journelling, baking, joining a community board, nature walks, make a playlist, reading. The Mix logo is in the top left-hand corner of the image.

s5eie8zf2qqf.jpg

You can also view the post over on our Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/themixuk

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Oo I really love all of these ideas so much, I think for me listening to music or sometimes crochet. Im supposed to be having a go at tusniscian crochet as I got some needles / hooks for Christmas and I really want to make a start of my 2024 wardrobe ready for the year. However, my focus has been terrible lately aha so I haven't been doing anything.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    These are super fun ideas, I've been trying to get back into reading this winter :)
    My favourite activity at the moment has to be getting cosy with a nice blanket and some fluffy socks and either reading or doing some cross stitching.