Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sister being sisters or sexual assault? (Possible sa trigger)

DistractionDistraction Posts: 450 Listening Ear
I'm not sure if I was sa by my sister or if it was just siblings being siblings but I remembered a memory from years back recently.

My sister was 4 years older, I was around 8/9, both fully clothed we were on her bottom bunk, I can't remember what was exactly said but she told me to lay down, she was on top and moved up and down on me, I can't remember what my emotions were about the situation at the time

Few years later I confronted her about it, she wasn't happy and walked off, I think she denied it, I'm not too sure

Is this just sisters being sisters? I know it's rather vague and not a lot happened in it, it isn't a big thing but I was just wondering if she was wrong

Comments

• Options
    HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Distraction, thanks so much for sharing this. It can be really difficult to worry that you might have been sexually assaulted in the past and to feel unclear about the details in your memory. It was so brave of you to speak to your sister and ask her what happened, even if she wasn't able to talk to you about it at the time.

Is there anyone else in your life that you might feel comfortable speaking to about this? It can help to confide in someone you trust and ask them to support you while you are working through this. Remember that we are all here for you as well and believe what you are telling us <3

If you're trying to work out what happened and whether it was sexual assault, you might find this article useful: https://www.themix.org.uk/crime-and-safety/victims-of-crime/was-it-sexual-assault-9145.html

There are also lots of different people/organsiations who will be able to to help you:
    Another helpful way of processing things might be to write it down in a journal or write a letter to yourself. This can help you to sort through your thoughts and to be a bit clearer on how you feel about it all.

I hope you find this helpful and remember that you are not alone in working through this - we are all here to listen :)